Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Darla, Spoon rolls and other randomness


Isn't this the most pitifull face?



 Sweet little Darla had a surgery on Friday to remove a small tumor growing on her gums.
Along with the tumor, the Doctor removed another part of her gums and pulled 6 of her teeth.
My poor girl wasn't feeling so great afterward.


Today she is feeling much better, 
Infact,  she is back to normal.
This is one tough little animal!!!



Please cross your fingers that her test results come back good.
There is a big chance that she may have canine melanoma ( which is very common in her breed).
Although I suppose that I could call the vet for her results..  I don't want to.
We will find out at the end of next week.   

Meanwhile we will continue to spoil her rotten!  : )



I spent the weekend cleaning, cooking and creating.
These are my favorite kinds of days.

Crazy enough,  i don't mind chores  ~  when I feel like doing them.  
I love when the house is clean and cozy,  when it it's filled with the aroma of something delicious cooking on the stove...
That's when I can finally relax..



Off subject...  I really love Trisha Yearwood's cooking show.
She makes a lot of delicious easy recipes.

I made her Spoon rolls and they were very good if you like a sweet roll.



Trisha Yearwood's Spoon Roll

1 (1/4-oz) envelope active dry yeast
2 cups warm (100 to 110 degrees) water
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
4 cups self-rising flour

Spoon Rolls Recipe Directions:

1. Combine yeast and warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
2. Beat butter and sugar on low speed with an electric mixer until blended; add egg, beating until blended.
3. Add yeast mixture, beating until blended.
4. Gradually add flour, beating until smooth.
5. Pour dough into a 2-quart greased bowl.
6. Cover and chill overnight.
7. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
8. Spoon dough into greased miniature muffin tins.
9. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden.

Makes: 4 to 5 dozen
Hands-on time: 25 minutes
Total time: 9 hours, 40 minutes



I haven't had time to be creative lately
so I realy enjoyed making this new wreath for the front door.


First, I had to make a little bunting strand.
BECAUSE I LOVE BUNTING!


I added the W for our last name, some burlap and treasures from the sea.
It's a random sort of wreath!

Do you see who is peaking out?
Sharky is famous for sitting at the front door waiting for the ice cream truck to pass by.

He knows.....





These animals are completely spoiled!!

I hope that you all are having a great week so far!!
See you soon!
xo

14 comments:

Parsley said...

I hope your baby feels better soon. Poor pup! I do love the Golden getting icecream!!!!!

Barbara F. said...

Poor little Darla. Hope tests come back negative! Love your table and wreath. And the ice cream cone, wow, lucky ducky doggie! xo

Melinda said...

Poor Darla--hope all comes out good for her.
Those rolls look yummy!
Very cute wreath.

Take care.

M :)

Maple Lane said...

I loved your post, Leslie. I hope that Darla gets a good report. She sounds like a tough little doggie.
I did not know about TY's cooking show. Those rolls look so good. What an adorable photo of your dog enjoying an ice cream!

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Poor sweet baby. I had human melanoma. Caught very early :) No fun. Sending positive thoughts. Adorable banner. Can't wait to get crafty this summer when I have some time off!
Karen

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Hope your puppy is better soon.
Love all the cozy photos of your rooms...that porch looks like a nice place to relax...and of course I love the cozy dining room too.

have a great week. Pat

Debbie said...

Poor Darla! I hope her test results come back good. Love the wreath and Sparky is just adorable with that ice cream! Love how he peeks out. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Chris said...

Fingers crossed that Darla's tests come back clear.
Lovely update!

Kim of Mo Betta said...

I love the dog's manicure! Things have been crazy here..ready for summer!

It's me said...

I wish i was a dog living by you !!!!...eating icecream !!!!....crazy !!!..hahahahaha...i hope your little one will recover soon !!...love Ria...xxx...

Jann Olson said...

Leslie, I am so glad that the poor pitiful pup is feeling better. Poor guy went through a lot. I hope the test results come out with good news! I too don't mind cleaning. In fact, sometimes I actually look forward to it. Nothing like the smell of a clean home. Your home always looks so cozy and I love your style! I have those same lanterns. Thinking I need to at least decorate my porch for Memorial Day. Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow or Friday. The rolls sound yummy. I want to try them sometime. I am rattling, but I love little banners too! Made one and draped it from a vintage typewriter for my craft room. Love your wreath!
hugs,
Jann

Alwayzbakin said...

Glad your Darla is feeling better. Love the painted nails! I'm with you on the chores. I love when my house is clean and cozy. Hope Darla's tests are negative.

Theresa said...

Poor baby! Hope all is well now:) Take a look at those nails, SO pretty! Love your beautiful wreath! Have a blessed evening, HUGS!

Formerly known as Frau said...

I hope Darla feels better and good news is around the corner. Love all the pictures...summer at your house...oh to be your dog...spoiled rotten and loved! Have a great weekend!