Wednesday, April 10, 2013

a play date with the cubs



While I am busy catching up with the blogs...  
I have a fun post that I have been meaning to share with you for a little while now.

A few weeks ago Sally and I went to a small Zoo about an hour away ~ 


We met many cute friends..




 
The sheep and donkey ~ with those kissable noses ~  were my favorite.

Although we loved all of the animals..  there was a reason for our trip.

There was a reason that we stood in this loooong line outside in the cold for 1 1/2 hours....


We went to the Zoo that day to meet 11 week old baby bears Ringo and Frankie


Ringo was sleeping but Frankie was ready to Play!!!
and he loved Sally.


Look at his sweet face.



The zoo keeper said that they were behaving badly,
so we weren't able to hold them like we wanted to.


But we did get to pet Frankie's soft coat and enjoy some play time.
He is a rambunctious little cub!

And he is ADORABLE!!!!


It was a great experience..   
 I never dreamed that one day,  we would play with a bear.
Any ideas that I've ever had of bear encounters included running... 
running real fast!  : )


Have a wonderful day!!!

14 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh they are precious:) I visited our Zoo when the baby Pandas were born! SOOOO cute! Have a blessed day,HUGS!

Debbie said...

Oh is he ever adorable!!! Amazing they let you play and pet him. I only see myself running from bears as well but for ones like that, I would stay and play! Have a wonderful day Leslie.

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh that shot of the one all on it's back is so darn cute!!

Kristi said...

You got to pet a BEAR? Wow! They sure are cute!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Omg....cutest lil cubs ever!

Maple Lane said...

What adorable photos and a rare opportunity!

Vanja Holm said...

Oh wow! So cute!

Linda said...

That must have been a wonderful experience...those cubs are adorable!! What fun! Loved all the pictures...have a great day!!

Melinda said...

How fun for the two of you!
A great Mother/Daughter
activity.

M :)

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

How fun, and I see a cute little pig too! 100 years ago I held and petted a lion cub, your post made me remember that:@)

Katharine said...

Oh my word how cute!! What a great outing!

Melanie said...

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Julie said...

Wow what a fun day that must of been I would love to see a bear that close.

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Wow that must have been for for you and your daughter. The cub is so adorable.!