Tuesday, March 19, 2013

This week so far..

Oh Sunshine!! 

I can't tell you how good it feels to be sitting outside.
I've got my handy dandy little notebook, a full bottle of flavored water and the sun shining so brightly that I can barely see what I am writing.  
Also..  my Internet connection is a little weak..  but that's ok.
This girl needs some vitamin E!


I've pretty much spent the weekend and start of this week like this..



Darla and I cuddled up napping ~ 

The nicotine patches keep me up at night so needless to say, 
There have been plenty of naps!

How am I doing with the smoking?
Good. 
but I did cheat once.

It's ok,  although I did beat myself up about it at first..
I am learning that this is a long bumpy road and I just gotta keep moving along.
I'll get there.  : )

*

This weekend Sally had a formal high school dance.
She got together with some other girls from school to get ready and of course I had to drop her off across town..  then go back later to get pictures.  
I didn't want to miss out on seeing the girls all dressed up.

 


The girls were so cute and grown up.
High school ~  Ughh,  I just can't believe it.


The girls had a great time!  : )

Meanwhile,  Michelle and I spent the weekend together.
In fact,  she's been here everyday since she moved out.
I likey!

*
On Sunday Sally and I made a huge mess in the kitchen
while she made French macaroons for Monday's French class.



She made coffee cream macaroons..
and they were delicious!!


As for the rest of this week..

I am going to work.
enjoy a much needed lunch date with my husband whom i haven't seen in forever.
Not smoke.
Get a little more exercise.
Finally finish the Host book that I put down and forgot about.
Drawl a winner for the surprise give away.

That's all from this end of the world.

Hope that it is sunny where you are.
Have a Great Tuesday friends.





12 comments:

Melinda said...

You are going to get through the no smoking---I know it!

What fun to have the girls around.

No sun here today--SNOW-big fat flakes....oh boy.

M :)


Barbara F. said...

Lots of good things planned, the girls looked so lovely for their prom. Keep up the good work with the (non)smoking. Love the photo of the lap top with you in the reflection. xo

Blondie's Journal said...

I wish I could join you at the sunny table! It looks very therapeutic! I think I have a cold. Sigh.

Love the dance pictures. I loved those days. They look so grown up and yet, years from now you'll look at these pics and think how young they were!

Good for you with the smoking (or not smoking). Have you tried the electronic cigarettes? They help with that hand to mouth urge. Yep, it's my battle, too.

The macarons are awesome. I hear they are really tough to make. Kudos to your daughter!

XO,
Jane

Anais said...

Oh, Sally is a sweet and beautiful teen.
Spring is already in my town and also the sun is brighter.
Be strong in your fight against tobacco.... Yes, you can!!!

Un saludo

Sarah B said...

Keep up the good work Leslie. It is a very hard slog, but you will get there. I wish Lyndon would do the same thing. He has tried. I don't harass him as I figure he will do it when he thinks he can.
Enjoy that sun x

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Aw, I'll bet the girls had a blast! Love the little feet on the macaroons and enjoy the rest of your week:@)

Liz said...

The girls all look so pretty dressed up. Glad somebody is enjoying the sunshine and out doors! Still waiting my turn. lol. Have a nice rest of the week.
Liz

Debbie said...

Sounds like a great week so far! Way to go on the quitting! You CAN do it!

Theresa said...

Good for you... not smoking is tough but I KNOW you can do it:) Love seeing those sweet girls all dolled up! Have a blessed day my friend! The sun is shining thru the blinds this morning! HUGS!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Way to go Leslie you can do it....baby steps! Sally looks gorgeous and all the girls do too! Have a fun week and hello Spring we are having major snow..blah!

Melanie said...

Way to go! You are on your way with it. :)

Mmmm....macarons. I'm too askeered to try those so kudos to you for tackling them. I know they can be VERY finicky.

Katharine said...

What a beautiful girl! It happens so fast! We have a little bit of sun, along with snow....ughh!