Tuesday, March 5, 2013

a moment to catch my breath..




 Oh winter...  when will you take your grey skies and brittle winds and say goodbye.
These dreary days have gotten the best of me and I am more then ready for some warm sunny weather!

I want to put my deck together...  sit on comfy cushions and sip my iced tea outside in the warm sun.

Meanwhile, I am going to sit back and wait for tonight's impending snow storm
and enjoy the warm house, pretty tulips and a good cup of afternoon coffee
as I tell you guys whats been going on around here.


Have a seat and relax a while.
There is a lot to talk about.


I love this little poem.


Michelle made it back in kindergarten.
~ look at those sweet little hands.
Who knew that those hands would someday be making beautiful music on a harp.
Let me tell you...  Time goes by so fast!!
I never imagined the day when those hands would let go of mine and start grasping at independence. 

It's happens so quickly... one day you are crawling through a dirty tube and digging through a thousand different colored balls looking for a five year olds missing sock
and the next day you are helping her pack and move things into her own apartment.
it's kinda crazy how fast it happens.

Some days I would give anything to have to crawl back inside of those dreaded ball rooms.

Michelle has left the nest .
Although preparing for this new journey has been scary for Paul and I,
We are both super excited for the fun that she is going to have.
Plus,  we know that her room is here for her whenever she feels the need to come home.
Like she is tonight.   : )




Sally is taking the move OK..  
 she is super excited about sleepovers at her sisters house.
Hey..  I can't wait to sleep over too!!!

Speaking of Sally..
She got new shiny bling on her teeth last week and so far  she is doing great.
She has been taking a photo of her mouth every single day hoping that one day we can put all of the slides together and watch the transformation.

I know that I say it a lot..
but I have to say it again.
I am super proud of these girls!!! 




I've been trying to use these ugly grey days to get things done around the house.

I bought some new comfy chairs,  replaced the chair-rails on the wall, painted the ceiling, and now I've just got to decide if I want to leave the living room the same colors. 
I think so....
but they definitely need a fresh coat of paint.



I've been doing me lately too.
~making time for good healthy eating, drinking lots of water and doing lots of exercise.
 it's paying off.
My body feels great.

Now, it's time to work on the things that stress me out in life.
Some things you can't stop,
( like your babies growing up)
but other things......
well, lets just say that I am learning how to say NO.



Check this out...

This is me and the beautiful Tamra Barney from the Real Housewives of Orange County.
Tamra was in town hosting a rum tasting event and I knew that I just had to go have a drink with my favorite housewife.
She is so friendly and fun.
It was an awesome time!!!

 That's the condensed version of what's been happening around here.

I haven't forgotten you all ~  I promise.
With so much going on,
I just needed a little break.

I hope that you all are doing wonderful
Have a great Wednesday!!
xoxo

P.S.:   Dear Winter,  If you are gonna send snow to Baltimore...  Send a shit load!







16 comments:

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

I love your daughters handprints and that poem. Yes they do grow up too quickly.

Enjoy the snow!

Katharine said...

Glad to see your post on my reader...I was starting to worry! Wow, her own apartment, time sure flies! Meg comes home alot, and it is sure nice to have them back now and again! I hope you get hit with a truckload of snow(and that it melts soon after) Spring is def. on the way, and I am soooo ready for it. Stay safe and warm!

Barbara F. said...

Happy to see a post and glad you are doing great. Congrats to your daughter and her new apt. We are also expecting a wicked Nor'easter tomorrow evening, into Thursday. I have lots of appointments hope I get to keep them. xo

Melinda said...

I too am glad to see a post form you. Thought maybe the bug got you.

Sounda like all is busy at your house.

Good luck with the latest storm. this time last week, we were
dealing eith 7 " of snow on thop of the 12 we got the week before!

Good Luck!

M :)

Sarah B said...

My goodness your daughters are growing up so fast! Her own apartment. It sounds as though you really trust her to look after herself well - that's fantasic. You have brought them both up very well :)

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Good to hear from you! Glad everyone is well! Enjoy the snow, I really don't think we're going to get much here, I know the folks at work will be disappointed:@)

Chris said...

Wow! So much going on. What an exciting time for your daughter.

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Good to hear from you. Congrats on the healthy eating and that you feel good for it - I know it feels like a great accomplishment. I want to hear more about. Tamara - I like her too. I think she does a lot of the mean girl antics to create drama on the show - she amuses me :-)

Mamaw's Place said...

Been missing you. I love your living room colors. I especially love the little cabinet/stand between the two chairs. I want to find a piece of furniture to refinish for my beach room.

Mamaw's Place said...

Been missing you. I love your living room colors. I especially love the little cabinet/stand between the two chairs. I want to find a piece of furniture to refinish for my beach room.

Debbie said...

Glad to hear from you and how exciting for Michelle! Being an empty nester is very sad for a while and then seeing your child grow and become independent makes up for the sadness. Try and keep just as busy and soon spring will be here!

It's me said...

What an exciting time for your daughter Lesly !!...great tulips....here we have almost spring !!!...love Ria...xxx...

Gina said...

You've been keeping busy in the never ending winter! I don't even want to think about my kids leaving the nest. I sometimes wish now that I could go back to the days when they were small and relive it all again. Hang in there! Big hugs to you.

Karen said...

I'm looking forward to getting out the porch furniture and spending some time outside, too. I have my son's handprints and the same poem -- I need to dig it out! It sounds like you've been so busy, but productive. And taking care of yourself! Good for you!

Kathryn D. Duke said...

What a fun way to me your "celebrity"!!!

Love your new chairs too...

Pam said...

Your daughter's hand print and poem is great! It's good that all is well your way, and time certainly does fly by. I can hardly wait for spring to come after just getting another 10" of snow.