Friday, March 15, 2013

500th post to announce that I quit. : )





Except, Life is totally not smiles and rainbows right now.
  I am a very grumpy quitter!
Ok guys..  I am trying to keep myself accountable.
I quit smoking again and this time hopefully it's for good.
I chose Tuesday, 3-12-13 as my quit date and today makes 4 days that I am smoke free.
Do me a favor and keep any tools or weapons away from me!


I quit once before on a Tuesday, March 12th ~ 
and I stayed quit for five years.
I figured that choosing the same quit day would be a good start.
so far.. so good.

 looking at my stats on this smoke free site make me feel better.  :  )




Needless to say,  I have been keeping pretty busy around the house.

I scrubbed the living room,  did a little rearranging and painting.
It does feel good to have things cleaned up and ready for spring.
~ if it ever gets here!

This house is so random.
Whenever someone new comes into the house, they say the same thing.
That they could spend all day here just looking at stuff.
Now, they are just gonna have to stay longer
because I added more silliness.

I hung some of Paul's favorite airplanes from the ceiling.


The bulldozer that we put in his Easter basket last year,
sits on the floor.


There is a locomotive train pulling a coal car in the window.


I love that there are no rules.
If you like it..  then just go with it.

I love having things around me that make me smile.
Like these pictures.
I love them.


... and my cherished blog books.

This shelf is the perfect place to display and protect the books.

It took me a while to get things on this wall the way that I wanted them.
Notice all of the spackled up holes from my indecisiveness..


Michelle painted this bird picture when she was in the 4th grade.


and Sally drew this picture of Darla when she was in 1st grade.


cute huh!!
*

Well,  it is finally post  #500!

Honestly, I can't believe that is all.   I've been keeping a blog for 9 years now.
I started my very first blog,  an AOL Journal, right after my mother passed away.

Blogging has helped me heal,  been a constant teacher and companion
 and has opened up so many opportunities and friendships.

The celebrate the Spoonful 500th post
and to say thank you for all of your friendships and patience,
I am hosting a little giveaway that will be as random as I am.  :  )



There are no hoops and whistles,
To enter my giveaway just leave a comment on this post between now and Tuesday
and I will announce the winner on Thursday.

Thank you all so much for always being here.
You guys rock!
xoxo

25 comments:

Gina said...

I think that's what I love so much about your style...there's no rules, it's totally fun...and pretty...and cheerful.

I'm sending good mojo your way so that you can remain a quitter. Good luck, Leslie. You can do it!!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Sending lots of encouragement your way - good job on getting healthy!

I thought you were going to say you were quitting the blog - don't scare me :-)

Barbara F. said...

How boring our homes would be if we all followed the same rules, or colors! Congratulations on 500 posts. That takes a lot of time and effort. Good luck with the not smoking, not only will you be saving $$$, you will be ensuring that you will be around to enjoy the grands and great grands! Good luck and continued success. xo

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Congrats on 500 posts and quitting! I love the list of stats you found, I'm sure that does help! Happy St. Patrick's Day Weekend:@)

Sarah B said...

Good on you! Keeo up the good work. That applies to your blog as well. 500 posts - great effort :)

xx

Theresa said...

You GO girl! I will be cheering you on:) Have a blessed weekend, HUGS!

Formerly known as Frau said...

I panicked when I read your title I thought you were going to quit blogging and I was like NOOOOOOO! I've been struggling with blanche of working and blogging and have missed some posts. Congrats on quitting smoking again you can do this! Your living room is my kind of room....such amazing pieces and I love the no rules! Have a great weekend and good luck! Congrats on 500 post woot woo!

Lee Ann said...

Well my lovely! I am very glad you have gained 6 hours to your life! That is a true gift xx what are you going to spend them doing??

Very proud of you! And live your house. Wish I could pop round for a coffee xx

Debbie said...

Congrats on not smoking for four days!!! Woo hoo!!! I quit 15 months ago now and swear I will NEVER go back. You can do this girl!

Tracey said...

Congratulations, Leslie!! Not just on your 500th post, but most of all on throwing those cigarettes away!!! I know how hard it can be to change bad habits, but we have to stay healthy so we can enjoy many more years ahead ☺

I cut soda out of my diet about a month ago, and it hasn't been easy. I've really been trying to make changes in my lifestyle since being diagnosed with breast cancer last year. Thankfully I caught it early by self exam, so it was very treatable, and I don't want it to come back!!

Have a wonderful weekend ☺

P.S. I would love a chance at your giveaway... thanks!!

Melinda said...

Woo you scared me with the quit
word. Congrats and best wishes to you. It is hard, just keep on keeping on.
Love the addition of the "toys"
lots of added fun for you guys.
Looking forward to 500 more!

M :)

Karen said...

Congrats on 500 posts! I just love what you've done with the kids artwork and the trains and airplanes.
Sending good vibes your way on the smoking. The website is really cool, I'll have to tell my son about that.

I can't wait to see what you come up with for your next 500 posts!

Madelief said...

Congratulations on your 500th post Leslie!

Good of you to stop smoking!I thought you were going to stop blogging....such a relief :-)!

Good luck!

Madelief x

The Boston Lady said...

Congrats on quitting. I understand its very hard to do. You will do it this time!

I love the "no rules" decorating technique and you know I want to snatch that doggie picture off that shelf. Blog books? Are these books you have made from your blog or are they about blogging? My niece makes a book every year from her FB statuses. Ann

Revi said...

Keep on quitting! I LOVE your art by your kiddos - charming to the max! I agree - keeping things that make you smile is part of the fun of making your environment yours.
-Revi

Liz said...

Congrats on entry 500! Blogging is so much fun. Way to go on quitting smoking! It took me a couple times before I quit for good. And like you I went about 5 years the first time I quit. Love all of the specila touches in your house!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I love your thoughts about no rules--I am that way too and could never color within the lines!

But good for you for quitting smoking, I was never a smoker, but have friends where were and are, and I know what a challenge it is--Just know that I'm cheering you on from the sidelines here in my corner in northern Virginia!!

CONGRATS on your 500th post--Here's to the next 500!!!!

It's Just Dottie said...

I think you are Wonder women!
You can do anything. You are always amazing me!!

Smiles, Dottie

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Good Morning Leslie
and Greetings from Ireland

I just wanted to pop by and wish you
a very Happy St. Patrick's Day.

May you always have
Walls for the winds,
A roof for the rain,
Tea beside the fire,
Laughter to cheer you,
Those you love near you,
And all your heart might desire!

Fiona

ps congrats on 500 posts and best of luck to you on quitting

Lisa said...

Congrats on quitting! That site is pretty neat with all those stats.

I love unusual random stuff around my house, too! It's fun!

Anais said...

PLAS-PLAS-PLAS!!!! (clapping twice)
Love from Spain

Melanie said...

You can do it!!!!!!!!!! Go go go go you!!!!!

You deserve so much more than those cigarettes will ever give you, that's for sure.

Kim of Mo Betta said...

WHOOP!WHOOP! Keep on being a quitter girlfriend! I've seen so much cancer in my family, and all I am going to say is you are doing the RIGHT thing! Stay strong!

Jen said...

Leslie, Love your home and how simply fun it looks. Hope you are keeping encouraged with kicking the smoking habit. Thinking about you and hope you have a GREAT day!

Katharine said...

Congratulations on #500 and way to go quitter! I love all your sweet planes and trains!