Sunday, February 3, 2013

dreaming....


Hi dear friends.
I have missed you all.

Sorry for the missing status.
I haven't had much to blog about lately..
~ you know,  besides colds, coughs, kidney stones, football..  blah blah..
I am happy to say that my last visit to the urologist showed that my stones are gone!!!!
The colds and flu however..  have been ruling this house.

Although we did have a few pretty snow days
I am still a little sick of these cold grey days.


Close your eyes...  
imagine that the sun is so bright and warm that you can feel the heat radiate off of your face.
Hear the sound of the seagulls that are perched on top of the buoys.
Listen as the water laps the around the boat as it cuts a path through the sea.
Smell that salty bay breeze..




Oh yes...
Here we are at our favorite beach.
I hope that I remembered to pack the sun block.



Sitting out here is making me hungry...
How about I make us some grilled hotdogs,
 corn on the cob and a watermelon salad when we get home.


I think that I will take a cruise on the kayak.
It feels good to get some exercise outside but it's almost tooooo hot to paddle.


No...  a nap on the beach sounds like a much better idea.
Wake me up when it is summer!!!!

 

The winter seems exceptionally long for us this year.
I haven't told you guys this yet but after a lot of consideration
we traded in our faithful 20yr old fishing boat for this shiny red speed boat.

Paul was ready for a change and I didn't care what we got as long as it had a potty and that we could still take the dogs out with us.
This one  is fast and has a potty and a bed.
It's a win win for all of us.
  ~  we girls aren't going to know how to act!!!

We bought the new boat at the end of October and every day since then ,
Paul has been outside just staring at it.
Dreaming.....



The good news is that it is already February!!
Less then 100 days to go...

*

I hope that you all are having a great start of February.
I will see you soon.

xo

Go Ravens!!

17 comments:

Barbara F. said...

Soooo funny but you just popped into my thoughts as I am getting ready to put the game on!!! I am cheering with you, East Coast is good enough for me, since I know nothing about football. Except the commercials, half time show and snacks are great most of the time! xo

Karen said...

Ahh, loved that trip to the beach! Beautiful boat, love the red. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it!

We're still smarting over the Broncos' loss, but getting ready for the game anyway!

Maple Lane said...

Love that boat and your photos have me longing for warm weather and a hot dog!

Liz said...

Who wouldnt be ready for summer with a shiny, red boat like that! I bet the dogs can't wait for a boat ride either! Go Ravens!

Sarah B said...

What a fab boat! I cana't tell how big it is but it looks a lot bigger than ours. We don't have a loo or a bed, that's for sure. Lyn is still working on his and we hope to have it going before we get the crappy weather starting.
x

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm so glad your stones are gone and hopefully soon the bug going around your home. I have those blah days, too, that are just not blog worthy.

Love your new boat and I enjoyed seeing your sunny, dreamy pictures. Do you live on a lake? You have a great summer to look forward to!

XO,
Jane

Melinda said...

CONGRATULATIONS to The Ravens!!!

Pretty good game, very close!

Feel better soon!

M :)

Mimi Sue said...

Thank you for the little visit to summer. I sure did need it. Congrats on your BIG Ravens win. Mimi

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

I felt the Ravens were the better team yesterday, couldn't believe the power outage, talk about a momentum stealer! Hope the colds go away soon, it's been a rough winter with lots of folks sick. Take care:@)

It's me said...

What a beautiful boat you have !!.....nice doggies too...Love from me...xxx...

Debbie said...

Congrats on the new boat! She is a beauty. Hoping the days pass quickly so all of you can get out there.

Melanie said...

Yay!!!! No more stones!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Happy you are stone free! Yay!! Love the new boat...I'm dreaming of warmer days too...have a great weekend!

Kelly said...

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well, but great news about the kidneys stones. We've had a lot of cold gray days too, but we can see signs of spring here and there. Can't wait for warm weather!
Kelly at Little Wonders' Days

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Hi Leslie

Hope that you are feeling ok now.

Take care of yourself.

Fiona

Ana said...

Although it is probably not not as cold here as where you live it has been colder than we are use to...I am so ready for a bit of summer too :-) It was nice hearing from you Ms Leslie...funny I was just thinking of you. I was updating my Sweet Links page and realized I didn't have your blog on it...Now I do :-) hope you are doing well.

Hugs and Kisses,
❤Ana

Kim of Mo Betta said...

I read that drinking a little raw apple cider vinegar every day will get rid of kidney stones. I have no idea if it is true, but I've been trying it! I figured it can't hurt...nothing I know of hurts as much as a stone! Plus, I happen to like vinegar :-)