Wednesday, February 13, 2013

a tiny bit of catching up


Would you believe that we are still fighting these colds?
The problem in our house is that the cold goes away..  you think that you are done with it,  and then a week later it comes back with a vengeance. 

FRuStrAtinG!!

This winter has really kicked our spoonful butts! 
Bare with my runny nose and aching joints.

Tomorrow is Valentines day and I have yet to find something special for Paul and the girls.
Since he is working all week..  we only see each other for about an hour a day..  I am not to stressed about  Vday ~  we'll do something when he is home.



Besides being sick and busy, I have found a few moments to get some things done around the house.    I finished my 2012 blog book and it is gorgeous!   It takes me a while to put it together the way that I want it ~  and it is well worth the time.  
Here are a few snippets.

This years book is 12 x 12 and the pages are huge.










Looking at the summer pages gets me excited.
I can not wait!!


I've been hanging out on pinterest a little too much lately ~  that place is dangerous!
Just sayin!

After seeing a few pinterest tutorials on how to hang faux wall board I redid our little bathroom.
The wall board results were an amazing change and super easy to do.

Here are a few progress pictures.


There were a lot of areas that needed patching before I started.

.

After measuring, I had the guys at home depot cut the large pieces of wood for me.
Hanging them was easy.


Lots of leveling and measuring..




after caulking the seems, it was time to paint the bottom white
And the top half a shade of Martha blue.


There is still some tweaking to do..
We need to install the new lighting fixtures and I have to decide which shower curtain that I like best. 
I really wasn't going to the nautical look.  : )



And since nobody in this house likes to put the toilet paper back on the holder
this tiered basket is the perfect solution.



Although the decoration will probably change ~  I do love the wallboard!!

*

Time for me to run...  lots to do in between sneezing, coughing and cramping.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!
xoxo

Happy Valentines day!








18 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

So sorry about the lingering colds in your house, I hope everyone gets well and stays well. And don't worry about Valentine's Day...it always sounds like you have plenty of love going around!

Love your bath, you did a great job with the walls. I like your decorations...very beachy and cute!

I love that you are doing s blog book. I had my first 3 years of blogging done in books. Not sure if I want to do the fourth. Maybe.

Take care, Leslie!

XO,
Jane

Vanja Holm said...

Bathroom looks great!

Hope you all feel better soon. Happy Valentine's for tomorrow :)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Sorry you are still sick..hope you all get better soon. Love the photo book and bathroom looks awesome!

It's Just Dottie said...

Sending you get well and Happy Valentine wishes.
Smiles ,Dottie

Debbie said...

The bathroom looks great! Way to go girl! I hope you are feeling better soon and that the colds stay OUT of the house!

Mamaw's Place said...

Loving the bathroom. I like that little basket on the back.

It's me said...

Love your bathroom....!! great job !!...enjoy valentine's day darling....love Ria...xxx..

Theresa said...

Love the bathroom! Great job on the re-do:) I pray that you all get to feeling better! I do NOT like having a lingering cold that slows me down! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Sarah B said...

Your bathroom looks great! Love the colour combo :)
I hope you all feel a lot better very soon!
x

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Ooo! I love it!
That looks so different...and simple.
Y'all get well...and Happy Valentine's Day!
Pat

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

I love the changes in the bathroom, nautical is always pretty! Hope you feel 100% soon! Happy Valentine's Day:@)

Katharine said...

The bathroom really did turn out beautiful! I hope you all feel better soon!

Melanie said...

LOVE IT! I liked the green from before (I love greens in general) but that blue really does look PERFECT. With the white, it looks brighter and very Martha Stewart-y. (I miss her show. *sniff*)

Optimistic Existentialist said...

What a gorgeous bathroom!!!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Sorry to hear about the stubborn colds! It seems like everytime I turn around, my son is sick with a cold! Your bathroom looks fabulous Leslie! I love the changes that you made...the colour and the wall board look amazing! Have a wonderful weekend! Angie xo

Coastalpines said...

Shame on me for just seeing this now. Your bathroom looks amazing...seriously! I love the tiered basket for TP!

Liz said...

Love, love the bathroom!! This would look so cute at the farmhouse! What site did you go thru to make the book? Hope you guys are feeling better!

Kim of Mo Betta said...

love it!