Sunday, January 20, 2013

Raven's Nation


There is a pot roast and veggies sealed in a cooking bag that has been in the oven for a few hours
and my goodness...  the smell coming from my kitchen has my stomach growling.

It's been a quiet weekend in the Spoonful house.
Paul's bout with the flu is finally breaking...  
He is amazing ~  having had to work this whole time. 

I had a flu shot months ago, 
so I am hoping that this clogged head and head aches is going to be the worst for me.


There is just a few hours till kick off and we are all very excited.
This town is bleeding purple!

Let me just show you a few photos of our Purple Pride..


There are Raven's flags everywhere.
EVERYWHERE!


The M&T Bank building glows purple.


Baltimore's Washington monument


A Ray Lewis tribute at the Avenue at White Marsh.
( Della Rose's has the best orange vodka drinks ever!)





Even the dogs are sporting purple.
Isn't this the cutest puppy!!!





Our crabs are cheering on the Ravens


The pagoda in Patterson Park is decorated


City Hall looks stunning.


And this little cutie is my favorite!!




Who is my favorite Raven's player?

The yummy coach John Harbaugh of course!


He is such a cutie!!!

 we are hoping for a Harbaugh bowl.
49ers  &  Ravens would be an awesome game!!




Dinner is ready!
Have a great night everyone.

20 comments:

Theresa said...

Well, you guys won't be playing the Falcons:( You may just get your Harbaugh bowl! Good luck! HUGS!

Debbie said...

Wow your city really goes ALL OUT!!! Amazing. You don't see things like that around here in the boonies. LOL Good luck to the Ravens!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Just popping in ...the say Go! Ravens!
I don't follow football--baseball is my game. However-- The Honey wants the Ravens to win.(he doesn't like the Cowboys at all)

so... GO RAVENS!
Pat

Maple Lane said...

Love the team spirit all over town! Dinner sounds delicious. Enjoy!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

It's half time... Not gonna be easy, but I'm hoping to see some purple confetti:@)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

While I'll have to admit to not being a Ravens fan (Hail to the Redskins), all the team spirit that is being shown is really contagious--I hope the flu is not! :-)

Take care, and I hope you weekend is ending on a good note!!

bj said...

...sugar makes the medicine go down, the medicine go down...
o, excuse me...I got carried away.:))


GO RAVENS...
XOXO bj

Leslie said...

Holy crap... we r going to the superbowl!!

Melinda said...

Congratulations! Yea!

The purple is pretty.

M :)


Come by tomorrow for card shower details.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

WOO-HOO! Bring on the HarBowl:@)

The Country Mouse said...

As a Baltimore native living in Orlando, I loved seeing the pictures of the city in purple. What a great game it was! Go Ravens!....Carol

The Working Home Keeper said...

Congrats to the Ravens! My husband was just lamenting this morning about the Ravens leaving Cleveland. And what would have been had the current Ravens stayed in Cleveland!

Mary Ellen
The Working Home Keeper

Formerly known as Frau said...

Congrats! That was an awesome game and it's going to be a fun super bowl! I'm glad Paul is feeling better! Okay that that I'm getting my flu shot today! Happy Monday!

The Tablescaper said...

Love how the whole town is decked out.

Thanks for becoming a follower of The Tablescaper.

- The Tablescaper

Madelief said...

And....did your team win Leslie?! Hope your husband will feel better soon!

Madelief x

Tami said...

I became a Ravens fan as soon as I saw all that PURPLE! LOL

Pamela said...

Your town was dressed for the ball! And dinner sounds wonderful.

I sure hope you don't get down with the flu...those here are having a hard time getting over it.

Liz said...

Congrtats to your Ravens!! It will be an exciting Superbowl for you! I bet the party ideas are swirling in your head already!

city said...

thanks for share...

Pam said...

Oh, boy! Harbaugh's brother used to play for Da Bears and now coach of S.F. All I can say is great for all! and bring on the HarBowl! You have a fun time and we will here at the party we're going to!