Friday, January 18, 2013

random stuff


Oh what a week!

First, pardon my huge font ~

I recently downloaded Google Chrome so that I could upload photos to the blog easier.

( The rebellious side of me thinks that blogger is forcing us to switch to their browser.  But Whatever!)

Now, I feel like my normal font size looks fuzzy and that's why I am huge today. 
: )




It's been a busy week filled with appointments, trips and sicknesses.
Yes..  that evil virus has invaded our house. 



But we are fighting it hard.

How many weeks until summer?



I spent this quiet sunny "Purple" Friday morning doing a little rearranging and cleaning.
Now, we can start the weekend out with a clean palette.






Here are a few things that I am obsessed with this week.

Parenthood.

I can't believe that I have never watched this show.
It could possibly be the best show on television.

After watching a few recent episodes,
I have downloaded and watched the first two seasons  
and I LOVE IT!!!




Learning how to make these colorful wash cloths.
( image stolen from pinterest)



Aren't they pretty!
Now.. I just need to learn how to stitch them!  : )

I also need a colorful bathroom to use them in.




I love the little lab themed bathroom 
but I am in the mood for something new and brighter.

It's that darn pinterest!





Now that I've got plenty of inspiration for my small bathroom...
I can't wait to get started!

I hope that you all have a great weekend.
xo













19 comments:

Barbara F. said...

Hope everyone is feeling better at your house. Pinterest gives me such ideas and makes me crazy at the same time. I love the show Parenthood, I have watched it from the beginning, great cast. xo

Blondie's Journal said...

I hope all of you are feeling better. I have a cold and although it hasn't kept me in bed, I feel terrible. I try to freeze the house out every morning by opening the windows and killing germs and I am probably sneezing from inhaling Lysol spray. :(

I heard Parenthood was a good show. Hubs has been watching the seasons of Homeland...a lot of people around here are addicted to that.

Good luck with the bath. Just changing the shower curtain and towels makes me happy!

XO,
Jane

Gina said...

Pinterest is trouble with a capital T! I love it! Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Liz said...

I have a small bathroom that needs updating, looks like I need to head on over to pinterest! That darn flu bug has hit hard this year! Hope you fell better soon!

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

I know I am addicted to Pinterest too! Love the inspiration! Have a great weekend!

Karen said...

I feel as though I'm missing out on something big, not watching Parenthood. But, I decided to start following Downton Abbey this season and spent a five day marathon watching reruns of the first two seasons on Netflix. I think I better call it good and not take on another series.

Can't wait to see how you decorate the bathroom:)

It's me said...

Pinterest is so cool...i love it !!...have a nice day darling...love Ria...xxx..

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Lovin' that pink and green bathroom! Hope everyone feels better soon, gotta be well (and loud) to route against New England:@)

Mamaw's Place said...

Be still my heart! I LOVE the bathrooms. So hard to choose, isn't it. Are the wash rags crochet or knit? I love the little heart on the cabinet. I switched to Chrome about 6 months ago and I absolutely love it. It took me some getting used to but I never like IE anymore if I'm forced to use it somewhere. Have a great day!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Ah sorry you guys have been sick! I hope you are on the mend! Katelyn goes back to school tomorrow so after that my house needs a good clean and the year can start! Have a great weekend!

earlene said...

Pinterest has been the best !!!
So many wonderful ideas.
So far we dodged the flu thank goodnes.
Have fun with your redo.

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

I like all your bathroom pins. I am looking at redoing (on the cheap) two bathrooms this year and am also looking at Pinterest for inspiration. I love the painted beadboard paneling :-)

It's Just Dottie said...

I love coming to your house!!!
I pray everyone is well soon.
Dottie

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I really hope everyone continues to feel better--You want to be well enough to keep looking at Pinterest, which is one of my favorite places!!

I hope you're enjoying your weekend!!

Debbie said...

I hope everyone feels better soon! Love those bathrooms. Especially the one with the green chair. :)

Theresa said...

Oh girl, I hope all of you guys feel better and not pass it around! Love all of the color, change of Seasons makes me want to change things in my house! Have a blessed Sunday, HUGS!

Melanie said...

Oh noes! Shoo shoo, you stupid flu! Hope you all feel better soon. :(

I haven't watched Parenthood but I will someday because I've heard great things about it. Thanks to streaming, I get to everything good................eventually. Heh. (I'm working my way through Firefly right now, which ended in 2005 or something. lol)

Freckled Hen said...

I am in the mood for some color in my house too. I was blaming it on these gray dark days of winter but you are right it is probably from that darn Pinterest! Hope your family is feeling better!

Katharine said...

Pinterest can be dangerous! I'm reading like a madwoman to catch up with everyone as we were away last weekend, and now I have a nasty cold! How long til Spring??