Saturday, January 5, 2013

2013 thoughts and a winter soup

It's a coooold Saturday morning in Baltimore and after sleeping until 9:30, 
I am chilling in my pink and white polka dot boxer shorts and bare feet
 tucked in under a warm blanket.

All is calm.

I am thinking about things that I need to do.
Want to do.
And can not do.

I have been thinking a lot about what I would like to accomplish in the year 2013.


 
Spend more time with my family and friends.
Embrace change.
Put more items on my etsy.
Sleep more.
Be a better blogger.
Wear more polka dots.
Drink more water.
Take more pictures.
Go to church a few more times then last year.
Have more date nights.
Pay it forward.
Take better care of my health.
Get a passport.
Watch all five Twilight movies in a row without falling asleep.
Use my exercise equipment for something other then a coat hanger.

There are so many things that I am looking forward to.  Mostly though,  It is watching my girls grow and evolve that excites me most.   Last year was a big year for changes and although there were many struggles and fears,  the changes that were made were wonderful.  You girls rock!!!







 
Winter Veggie Soup
 
After watching Trisha Yearwood's Southern Cooking on the Food network this morning, I ran straight out to get the ingredients for this easy soup.
 

 

All that you need to make this fantastic soup is:

3 red potatoes, peeled and cubed.
2 cans of chicken broth
1 can of drained chopped tomato
1 10oz bag of frozen Lima beans
1/2 onion chopped
( and to Sally's request I added a chopped sprig of celery)
1 can of cream corn.
salt and pep


Add all ingredients to a large pot  ~  except for creamed corn
simmer for about 30 mins or until potatoes are soft.
Turn off heat and add can of cream corn.
Stir and eat!
.

















Before I go.... 
Is anyone else having trouble uploading pictures to your blogs?   The upload button isn't coming up when I try to pull a photo from my computer.  The only way I am able to upload is by using the HTML.   

Have a wonderful weekend friends.
Stay warm!
 

23 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Good ones...I can't make any, I just don't stick to them. Love the soup, looks so yummy! :)

earlene said...

Your soup looks yummo!!!!
Happy New Year

Barbara F. said...

I agree with almost the entire list! Things we should all strive for. I am seriously craving soup, I have had chicken and lentil this week. New ones coming for next week. xo

Debbie said...

Great goals and yummy looking soup! I haven't had any problems with blogger...sorry!
Have a great weekend.

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Thanks for visiting, yes the biscones are easy and good. No I am not having any problems with uploading photos. I have in the past, and I just rebooted.

Theresa said...

Yum to the soup. I will be making that:). Lots of chatting about picture upload problems but I have not experienced it yet. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Hugs

Linda said...

Great list! I have heard of quite a few bloggers having trouble loading pictures...Happy New Year!

Maple Lane said...

Wishing you many blessings in the new year. I've seen several bloggers with the same problem with photos. Look forward to visiting and learning lots from you this year. Thanks so much for the delicious recipe.

Gina said...

I haven't made any resolutions or goals this year, but yours sound great....good luck!
I, too, am having trouble loading pictures in blogger. I have no idea what the problem is though.
I love your blog design!

Melinda said...

Looks good and all sounds good!
Yes, I had to do the html thing too
but then I couldn't type between pics. I haven't posted today due to this issue.
Are you ready for tomorrow's big game?

M :)

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Love your list. Oh, the idea of sleeping in until 9:30. Just can't seem to do that anymore. It's been over 10 years I'd say! Sounds so good! Your soup looks delicious. Nothing like homemade soup on a cold day!
Karen

It's me said...

Happy 2013 darling !!! lovely sunday...xxx...

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sounds like a fun list! Lovin' your pretty new header-great colors:@)

Lee Ann said...

Leslie I upload my pics through picasa web albums and it is easy and super super fast! X

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

We have some of the same goals for 2013! Lets hope we both have success in reaching them and who knows, maybe if we get our brand new passports they will take us somewhere fun! :-)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

We have some of the same goals for 2013! Lets hope we both have success in reaching them and who knows, maybe if we get our brand new passports they will take us somewhere fun! :-)

bj said...

WhoooWee...that soup looks sooo good. If I had some, I would have it for breakfast...:))

I haven't had trouble loading photos..hope yours gets better. :)

Cozy in Texas said...

Great goals. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I left you a response in the comments section of my post.
Ann

Formerly known as Frau said...

Your goals for the New Year are a lot like mine! I'm so happy all the changes we both had with our girls this year worked out. It's easy to be a happy Mom when your child is happy!

Soup looks yummy! Keep warm and Happy Sunday!

Madelief said...

Dear leslie,

Wishing you and your family a Happy, Healthy and Sparkling New Year! Thank you for your kind comments on my blog!

The soup looks delicious!

Madelief x

Sarah B said...

What a good list. I want to blog more, tale more pics, drink more water and wear mor polkadots too!
I cannot upload pics in blogger when I use Internet Explorer so I downloaded Google Chrome and it works fine :)
ps A Happy New Year to you!
x

Jann Olson said...

Love your list for '2013' Well, all but Twilight. Just didn't love it like everyone else. Not sure why? Sure am enjoying Downtown Abbey though. Your soup looks and sounds yummy. I would have to leave out the lima beans though. I love them, but hubby hates them. We had soup for dinner today also. The best comfort food for Winter!
Hugs,
Jann

Melanie said...

Happy new year to you!!!
Soup looks YUMMY. I never think to grab lima beans vs. other kinds, though I don't know why because they are yummy. Those big white beads tend to make their way into my soups instead. Blah, blah, blah, I'm just rambling on about nothing now. lol