Saturday, December 1, 2012

The sweetest manger


This sweet little manger is one of my most treasured things.
I helped Sally make this when she was in 2nd grade.


We used a shoe box and glued Popsicle sticks to the roof and sides before ( mom )
spray painted it brown.

Then we used some polymer clay to create figures.


While I helped with Joseph and the baby Jesus, 
 little Sally made Mary and all of the sweet animals. 


The are some cows, ducks, sheep, a dog, a rabbit and a bird.

My favorite part of the manger is Mary.
Look at her praying hands...
Just so sweet!!

Isn't the prospective of the nativity scene adorable from the eyes of a 2nd grader.



This little manger means more to me then the most exquisite pieces
and beyond the presents, baking and tree trimming,
 it represents the true meaning of the season... 
the part of Christmas that I keep close to my heart.

*

Happy December!




13 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh Leslie, that is just priceless. What a lovely treasure to have. My son and I have a favorite as well. A little wooden manger that hangs on the most tippy top branch on the Christmas tree each year. Even now when he comes home from college, he checks to make sure that one ornament is in its place.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Just amazing! It truly is the special moments that mean the most-enjoy:@)

Lisa said...

That's adorable! And something very special to keep forever.

Formerly known as Frau said...

I love the homemade holiday decor...I have so many ornaments Katelyn has made and cherish the most...but this is something really special! Happy Weekend!

Gina said...

That is so cute & such a treasure! It's funny how the pieces we treasure are not always the expensive ones, but the ones that hold the most meaning within our hearts.

Julie Harward said...

I love thins like this that mean so much. It is really sweet and so great that you still have it. Have a wonderful December! :)

Kelly said...

It's beautiful and what wonderful memories to have with it! Our tree is covered with kid made ornaments this year and I love it.
Kelly at Little Wonders' Days

Theresa said...

Most beautiful and priceless nativity EVER! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Chris said...

What a wonderful treasure!!

Melinda said...

So cute and what a great item to still have! You both did a great job!

M :)

Maple Lane said...

What a priceless treasure! Thank you for sharing this and I wish you all a blessed Christmas season.

Jann Olson said...

Leslie, this is absolutely precious. Your little girl did an amazing job. Mary is so sweet and I love all of the animals. Yes, this is what Christmas is all about.
Hugs,
Jann

Katharine said...

What a beautiful treasure!