Monday, December 3, 2012

popcorn and Christmas trees



Hi everyone!
Come in.

I've got some coffee brewing and I am sure that there is a Hallmark Christmas movie playing on the television.

You will have to scoot Darla over..
she's a bit comfy all balled up on the pillows.

Do you see that gorgeous pillow in the center?
I have been eyeing that thing up at Pottery Barn for weeks.
Now.. it sits pretty on my sofa!

I've got all of the Christmas trees up and decorated.
Paul and Sally did a great job picking out the real tree this year.
It is much bigger then the trees that we've had in the past few years.
I love it.


I had to do some rearranging and actually knocked the decorated tree down twice before it finally made it to this perfect spot.

There were pine needles in places where they should be illegal!

The traditional angel cow is in place and now it is starting to feel like Christmas.


As we count down the days..
I count the ways to give gratitude and try to savor the season.
There are so many things that I want to do
and people that I want to see.

There is never enough time to get it all in.


I really need to start making lists and calenders!


I want to enjoy this season!!! 
I want to bake cookies at midnight and reread the same Christmas romance novel that I have read for the past 20 years.
I want to wear footie pajama's with my girls and watch the Grinch movie. 
I wanna drink coffee from festive mugs.
I just want to do it all!!


If you wonder...   do they ever use that popcorn machine?


The answer is Yes!

In fact,  I used it this morning.
And now the house smells like popcorn and Christmas trees.


I woke up thinking about Peppermint Popcorn
 ~  a recipe that my friend Lynn posted in her blog 


I used ~  1 bag of melted white chocolate bits
2 crushed candy canes
a Gazillion cups of popcorn

She said that it was addicting
and boy was she right!
My tummy ache can attest to it.

Click here:  Peppermint popcorn for Lynn's yummy recipe.


If you are in the mood for something festive and different..
MAKE THIS POPCORN!

Have a great Tuesday Friends!!
xo
L

20 comments:

Angela ~ Call Her Blessed said...

Your page looks all Christmasy! Love it. And your decor, so pretty. I esp. love your new pillow ...& the Dec. one. Hope your season is blessed!

Karen said...

Your house looks wonderful. So warm and cozy. I love the braided rug, it reminds me of the house I grew up in. . . hardwood floors and braided rugs throughout. It says "home" to me.

Debbie said...

Love the tree!!! They did a great job in picking one out. The pillow is adorable and the popcorn sounds yummy! Thanks, will have to give it a try. Enjoy the season!

Diane @ The Checkered Apple said...

The tree is a beauty! It has a really nice shape! I have been making the peppermint chex mix lately and now I can switch over to the popcorn one. Thanks for sharing that! LOVE your pillow too!

Melinda said...

Looking quite festive at the Spoonful's.
That popcorn sounds great too.

M :)

Brandi said...

Love your decorations. Your home is certainly ready for the holidays. I love your new pillow. I can smell the popcorn from here!

Catherine said...

Beautiful Christmas tree and pop corn looks good!

It's me said...

Wowww !!!...it look great !!!.......popcorn !!!...and that pillow!!!...love it all !!!...love from me...xxx..

Chris said...

What a lovely cozy post!
The tree looks amazing.
I want all those things too now...alas, I have to go to work.
I love the pillow too!
Have a great week!

Phyllis said...

I love how you have decorated! I love the pillow, too! The popcorn machine is great.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Awesome tree....gorgeous house and that pillow...love! I love the popcorn, I make that to give to my neighbors at Christmas it's my favorite! Happy Tuesday!

Theresa said...

I sure enjoyed my visit with you this morning! I LOVE all of your gorgeous decorations! I'll take some of that popcorn please:) Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Lisa said...

LOVE the angel cow! Adorable!

Sarah B said...

Your tree looks absolutely stunning! The shape of it, the bushiness - it's just perfect! I will put up mine this Saturday :)

Gina said...

Everything looks beautiful, Leslie. Your tree is a beauty! And that pillow...oh that pillow just screams Leslie, doesn't it?

I'm like you, I want to do it all, I want to experience all the joys that Christmas can offer. If only there were more hours in the day!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

LOVIN' that great pillow and your tree is so pretty! So glad you like the popcorn and your popper is too fun:@)

Maple Lane said...

Leslie, Your home is just magical! Everything looks so festive and the tree is gorgeous. That Pottery Barn pillow is perfect!

Katharine said...

Yum!Oh I want to try this, and your trees look amazing!

Kelly said...

Your house looks so cozy and Christmassy! I love that pillow from Pottery Barn too. We're still in the stage of "all pillows belong on the floor" with my kids, so I'm passing on it....this year. I just bought ingredients to make that popcorn, it looks so good!
Kelly at Little Wonders' Days

Melanie said...

OMG the damage I would do if I had a snazzy popcorn machine like that! I'm always tempted to get one too!!

Love the shape on the tree. He's got a nice round bottom - just like me. Lol