Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Natural Cure for Dog Ear Infections


                                                              



Sharky is one happy boy!

Besides the fact that he knows that Santa Claus is coming and will bring him lots of delicious treats...
Nope,  He is happy because we've got a crazy secret to share with you.

Sharky suffers from chronic stinky ear infections that we have the hardest time treating.

I clean his ears everyday ~  sometimes more then once.
We've used the vet issued ear antibiotics,  ear wash, vinegar..  
 I keep his ears trimmed short to allow air into them... 
  you name it and we've tried it
and
nothing has cleared them up.

Last week Paul found an article on how to naturally treat Golden Retriever ear problems
and you will not believe what it is... 





Natural Cures For Golden Retriever Ear Problems

Honey: Not only is honey now being used in hospitals to treat wounds in humans, it's also being used on dogs, cats and even rabbits. Mix up 3 tablespoons of honey with 9 tablespoons of warm distilled water. Stir until the honey dissolves then using a drinking straw, dribble the honey into your Golden Retriever's ear. Honey is wonderful for yeast and bacterial infections, as it kills them. It's also excellent for mites and fleas, as it kills the existing insects as well as their eggs. For a yeast or bacterial infection, use every day for one to two weeks. For mites or fleas, use every day for a week, followed by three times a week for the next three weeks. Mites and fleas can have up to a 28 day gestation period, so you want to make sure you kill all the eggs as well as the adults.


We have treated Sharky's ears with the honey solution for 5 days now and there is already a 80% difference.   
  The redness, swelling and stinky seeping are gone.  
  We just can't believe it!



I hope this information helps any of you who might be struggling with the same problems.

Happy Wednesday!

xo
Leslie & Sharky


Baby Sharky (4 years ago)



21 comments:

Deb said...

Very informative post. Kane does have ear problems and we are always looking for new ideas to treat it. I will try this. Hope it helps Sheltie's too.

Debbie said...

Great tip Leslie! I will bookmark this for when Sampson gets an ear infection. It is amazing all the things I have been reading that honey is good for...love it!

The picture of Sharkie as a baby is just priceless.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Wow Sophie has chronic ear infections too.....I'm trying this! Thanks!

It's me said...

Thanks for the tip Leslie.....happy evening...love Ria...xxx..

Pam said...

Sharky is a doll and I'm glad you have found a solution that works for him. I have never doubted the benefits of honey, after many years ago when the pediatrician told me to use honey and lemon juice and a touch of whiskey for a cough syrup for the kids and honey for many more uses. By the way, your Christmas tree is gorgeous with all it's pretty lights and ornaments and the cheerful yellow walls! I love seeing glimpses of your house as it always looks so cozy and homey in your photos!!!

Catherine said...

Thank you for sharing. It's a good idea.

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh my gosh I cannot believe the timing of this. We have a half husky half Golden and she has lots of allergies and always red, scaly stinky ears. I am going to try this right away. I was just telling my hubby last night that I want to find a home recipe to treat her ears as the vet stuff is very expensive.

The Boston Lady said...

Thanks for posting this! My daughter's cat has recurring ear infections and I will be sending her a link to your blog. So glad you found something that works! Ann

Tami said...

Does it work for any breed? I am assuming so. My springer always has stinky ears. I too clean them out with no luck. I am willing to try anything to help my pup!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

The Brat was a beagle so I know all about stinky ears! Sounds like a great natural tip:@)

Melinda said...

Sounds like you've got it nailed!

Yea!

M :)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Leslie! I've been looking for an alternative treatment to one of our dogs ongoing ear infection--THANKS for posting this, I'm going to try it!!

I hope you're doing well, and have had a good week!

Liz said...

What a pretty dog Sharky is! Adorable puppy pic. I wrote this down to try when our beagle gets this problem again! By the way, beautiful Christmas tree. Love the size and shape.

Tammy K said...

I was wondering if Sharky has ever had any problems with his feet, or if anybody reading you blog?? My English bull around the summer starts licking her feet until they bleed sometimes. The only thing that I find that helps is taking to the Gulf to go swimming, this is hard some days for most places in Florida really doesn't want dogs on the beach. Any help would be appreciated thanks Tammy.

Tammy K said...

I was wondering if Sharky has ever had any problems with his feet, or if anybody reading you blog?? My English bull around the summer starts licking her feet until they bleed sometimes. The only thing that I find that helps is taking to the Gulf to go swimming, this is hard some days for most places in Florida really doesn't want dogs on the beach. Any help would be appreciated thanks Tammy.

jenny matthews said...

Thank you for sharing excellent information’s. Your web site is very cool. I’m impressed by the details that you have on this website. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for more articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found just the information I already searched everywhere and just could not come across. What a perfect web site.if anybody will more interested to related health sits you must visit www.otovent.se

Dee Jackson said...

Hope this works have a beautiful golden, mozart. Giving it a try today. Thanks

Tracey G said...

Thank you! We should find out the results tomorrow if she had an infection. Do you put the entire solution in the ear?

john said...

Mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site.
dog ear infection treatment

Perrie Jinnie said...

Nice one and I simply love this breed with shiny coat. You people can also go for the Pet Grooming Tips to know what are the dos and don'ts while you are having a pet that needs proper care and concern from your side.

Mandypandy van der Merwe said...

Perhaps a bit later than 2014 but anyway. Sounds like your dog may be allergic to grass. Our Jack Russell responded wonderfully by giving her a capsule of fish oil (squeezed over food) daily to start with and also wash her in a Pine Tarsol soap mix we get in New Zealand. Might be worth a try.