Friday, December 21, 2012

Merry Almost Christmas




It's is almost Christmas
and I have been off of work for a few days recovering from the kidney stone blasting.
The" lithotripsy" went well!!
 my growing collection of little stones is telling me that it must have worked.
My next visit to the urologist is on New Years Eve
and I can't wait to find out if my kidneys are clean.

All of the Christmas gifts have been bought and wrapped.
The cookies are baked,
The house is semi clean,
and after today, Paul, Sally and I are officially on vacation.
Wooohooo!

Although we've been busy and had some crazy things going on,
I am enjoying this Christmas season.

I've tossed a bunch of pictures into this post to share the season with you.


Stymie and his pretty pink nails is patiently waiting for Santa Claus.


The dining room sparkles in red, white and green.


Little deer prance on a snow mound..


Chocolate cake with whipped cream cheese frosting.


The kitchen is simply decorated. 
I even kept the sunflower out ~  it's just to happy to pack away.



Did you notice to TEA letters above the door?
They are supposed to say EAT.
But...  there is someone in this house who likes to switch the letters around.
Sometimes it says ATE and sometimes is says ETA.
One day I will catch the word swapper!!!


The funky pillows still catch your eye when you enter the sun porch.



I decorated the tree a little differently and layered the colored ornaments.
Blue, pink, then green.



The girls and I made mini gingerbread houses.
As usual..   there was a lot of laughing and cussing as we tried to assemble our houses.


Of course I have been enjoying the "Twilight" ornaments that the girls made me last year.


Pearl has found a new friend in our angel cow.


It's love!!


I've been making little felted snowmen..  
 covered in those little tiny beads that look like snow.
Now..  I've just got to finish the projects.


Cookies..   lots and lots of cookies





Darla in her pretty Christmas dress.


It has been a beautiful Christmas season!



It is going to be a busy weekend
and just in case I don't make it back to the blogs before Christmas..
I want to wish each of you a Merry Christmas!!!!

xoxox
Leslie


18 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh Leslie, everything looks and sounds so festive! I am glad your procedure went well. Enjoy your holidays and wishing you and yours and very Merry Christmas!!!

Melinda said...

Looks and sounds like all are ready.
Glad to hear that your procedure went well.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

M :)

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Oh my goodness...you have been busy. I hope you get a clean bill of health on New Year's Eve. Your house looks great! I think that's too funny about the letter swapper...
Karen

It's Just Dottie said...

You are wonder woman.
Merry Christmas, sweet friend.
Dottie

Blondie's Journal said...

So many great things going on around your house, except of course the kidney problem. Sending much love and healing thoughts. The sweets look yummy and your pups are precious. Love all of your festive decorations! Life is good, right?

Many good wishes to you and your family for a very Merry Christmas!

XO,
Jane

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Everything looks so fun, love the word swapper! Congrats on having Christmas under control and I'm glad you're feeling better! Merry Christmas Leslie-enjoy:@)

Chris said...

What a beautiful post! You definitely made it feel like Christmas for me!
I hope that your recovery is fast.
Have a restful peaceful weekend.
Merry Christmas!
Chris

Formerly known as Frau said...

Your home is so warm and festive.....love it! cakes and cookies and everything looks beautiful! I hope you get a clean bill of health and start the new year feeling amazing! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Ana said...

Dear Leslie, it´s the first time I write to you, sorry because my English is not good. You have got a great family and house. I hope your kidneys are completely clean and I wish you from Spain a... FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!

It's me said...

Your home looks ready for christmas....and your daog too.....love from me....2 days...yes !!...xxx...

Katharine said...

Everything looks wonderful! Have a Merry Christmas!

Lisa said...

Merry Christmas! Everything looks beautiful and the puppies are sylish!

Melanie said...

Merry Christmas to you!!!!!! :)

Mimi Sue said...

Your home is just so beautiful and Christmasy! Have a wonderful holiday with your family. Mimi

Tami said...

I always love looking at the pictures of your home. So comfy and welcoming! I have to admit the moo cow angel is my favorite decoration!!
Sorry to hear about your kidney stones. I hope all turns out well at the doctor appointment.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

All That Glitters said...

Your cake was just gorgeous!!! I love all of your Christmas decos!! I didn't take any pics this year. I'm in the blogging funk, since they want me to pay. Those huzzies! We did habe a good Christmas. I hope y'all did, too!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Your house looks fabulously pretty Leslie! Your cookies look amazing! I hope that you & Paul & the girls had a wonderful Christmas! I hope you got a good report from the urologist! Happy New Year my friend and cheers to another year of fabulous blogging! Angie xo

Liz said...

Just had to come back and see your pillows on the sunporch. So cute! Hope you had a Merry Christmas and are having a Happy New Year!
Liz