Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Thankful Tree



Gosh,   you know that I've been out of it when I am just now getting around to putting the Thanksgiving decorations out.

It really has been nothing but work, doctor visits, scans and tests....
First,  with cholesterol counts that are to high and to low
and a family history of heart related deaths
( remember that my parents both died from heart attacks at the young ages of 45 and 52)
my doctor says that I am a prime candidate for heart disease.

She put me on a medication that I refer to as the death pill since it made me terribly ill.
I recently stopped taking it and am trying to take a different approach at changing my numbers.

On top of that I have kidney stones.
Go figure.
There are a few in the kidneys and one rather large one lodged in my urethra.
Sounds fun, right!

I am not in any severe pain ( which surprises everyone)
.. it's just a constant achy feeling that I am looking forward to getting rid of.

Next week I am having a procedure to remove them.
I am not looking forward to having the urologist "all up in my female business"!

Meanwhile, I have 10 days off of work and I am trying to do as much around this house as possible before the so called very painful  kidney stone procedure.

It feels good to get some things done.
I might even get a head start on making the sunporch ready for christmas.

 
Back before Halloween, my blog friend Mica from Frolicking Freckles (aka The Childs Paper)   had a "Thankful tree" giveaway  that I won.

Lucky me ~   I was in love with it as soon as I saw it.


Mica even sent me the twigs from California.
she's so sweet.
the idea of it is to write things that you are thankful for on the little tabs and hang them from the twigs.


We are missing some tabs since Paul and Michelle haven't finished theirs yet.


Me,  I am thankful for so much that I could have written on all of the tabs.



I am thankful for all of you and your inspirations.


I am thankful for these dogs.
Just look at them..
They are all over the place! 


I am thankful for working modern conveniences!

During Hurricane Sandy from the power flickering on and off
the computer in my oven burned up again.

Errrr!!!

I am thankful for Patience
 since I wanted to butcher the service man!

This is the second time that this panel has went up on the expensive Kitchen Aid.
I paid the service man $90.00 to come out and tell me that I would have to pay another $90.00 for someone to come out and put the $200.00 part in ... but that wouldn't be until mid December since the part that it needs is on back order until December 6th..

Frustrating!!

Yesterday,  after having another round of Cat Scans and stomach X-rays
I treated myself, and went straight to sears and bought a new cheap range.
It is delivered on Monday and I can not wait!!!

My family haven't eaten a decent meal in weeks!


While I am giving thanks..

I am thankful for Paul,  whom I met and fell in love with on a blind date 23 years ago this week.
He takes such good care of me and most importantly.. he makes me laugh.

I hope that you all have a wonderful thanksgiving.
I am slowly making my way down the blog list..
Yikes..  I am so far behind.



18 comments:

Barbara F. said...

I am so sorry to hear about all your medical stuff. My friend's hubby makes kidney stones like nobody's business and has them removed. Sometimes he gets severe pain other times no pain. They are a really big pain!! His "good" cholesterol is very very low and I wonder if there is a correlation? But I am happy you are getting things done and your blog looks lovely and Christmas-y. Please feel better and I hope all goes smoothly. xo

Angela said...

I love your decorations...they are so pretty and cheerful!

Karen said...

Having serious envy over that Thankful Tree. . . how fun it would be to make one! I'm so sorry to hear about all the junk you're going through. Kidney stones are no picnic; been there, done that. I hope they resolve themselves quickly and for good.

I love the winter theme of your blog. And you are amazing, listing so many things to be thankful for in the midst of all the chaos. You have such a beautiful spirit, Leslie.

Fiona said...

Sorry to read about your health problems Leslie.

I love the Thankful tree
what a fantastic idea.

Your doggies are gorgeous!

Have a great week

Fiona

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems...you really have been thought the mill and I know you are not looking forward to the surgery. I hope and pray the new year starts out as a fresh, healthy slate for you.

Lucky you for winning the darling tree! I think I could fill up all those tabs with thankfulness, too!

XO,
Jane

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sorry you're still not feeling well but glad to hear they could at least figure out what was wrong. Hopefully you'll be good as new soon! The Thankful Tree is a great idea-Happy Thanksgiving Week:@)

Katharine said...

Love, Love, love your thanksgiving tree! I will be thinking about/praying for you this week..I hope things go well, with as little pain as possible! ((hugs))

It's me said...

What a beautiful post.....always good to be thankful darling...love love love happy weekend...Ria...xxx

It's Just Dottie said...

I am thankful for you. I love visiting with you! Your blog is so sunny and sweet. It always makes me happy. Sorry to hear you are not well . I am not either. I have a case of Shingles!!I pray we will both be well soon.
Sniles, Dottie

Mica Garbarino said...

oh dear, the trials we all must face. will surely pray for your health and all the other fun stuff that goes on in your life. so glad you are enjoying the thankful tree and...using it. I am glad the glass jar mae it and you found raffia, I am a bit dingy sometimes, I can't believe I forgot it in your box. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.I am thankful even though we have to move and live with my mom for a bit, that we have a roof to go under and my family is with me... for the holiday season. hugs, and take care of yourself!!!!

Hugs, Mica

Formerly known as Frau said...

Oh Leslie I wish I was your neighbor so I could help you....cook a warm meal or just enjoy a glass of wine and make you laugh! I hope you feel better soon. I hear Kidney stones are worse than child birth! Hang in there girl! Craig and my first date was day after Thanksgiving 27 years ago!!
We are lucky and blessed! ((hugs))
Happy Thanksgiving! xo

Ms. Redo said...

Oh I just hate that you're going through all these physical distresses and hope that the kidney stones are gone soon and without too much pain. Is your yellow pup a Golden Retriever, he looks very like our boy who is Golden/Yellow Lab mix. Feel better, Mary

bj said...

I hope all goes well and you are feeling better in no time.
Your blog dress is lookin' goood....:)

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

I love your very special tree Leslie!!

Have a sweet Sunday x

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

I am sad to hear what you are going through health wise, but your sunny disposition still shines through your blog post. Hope you are feeling back to normal soon :-)
Happy Thanksgining!

Bob and Deb said...

So sorry to hear about your medical problems Leslie. I hope the procedure is less painful than they say. Love the thankful tree and the cozy scene in your home. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Bummer about your kidney stones Les! My Dad has suffered with them for years....so not fun! I love your "Thankful Branches"...so lovely! I hope your procedure goes well and you are feeling better soon! Angie xo

Melanie said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry you've been having such a rough time lately. My aunt gets kidney stones, geez, seems like she is in the hospital for a week every other year with it. So so painful to deal with. I hope the procedure goes well and you get back on your feet soon! And that they STAY FAR FAR AWAY in the future. :)

My dad passed away early (57) too from heart disease. I'm not kidding when I say it haunts me now. Every time I get a little rushed heartbeat I worry it's the start of a heart attack or something. *sigh* I find it helps to use a food/exercise log every day to encourage healthier habits. (I track my calories, not so much for weight loss, but to keep me honest and to really know how much cholesterol I'm taking in.) Been doing that for over two years now and it's made SUCH a difference.

Love the Thankful Tree you one. What an awesome idea - and it sounds like it came to you right at the right time.