Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving week


I am sitting here in a room full of happy loud men in purple football jerseys.
It didn't start out that way,
In fact, there was much shouting and chanting at the television until the Ravens finally pulled off a win.

Not that these boys would have been to upset..
They love any chance to hang out.




It sure has been a great Thanksgiving week.
.
Thanksgiving day was spent with good friends and family.
The food was plentiful, the company was nice and laid back
and the mess was cleaned up before the sun went down.
Another reason to be thankful!

Michelle made this awesome turkey veggie tray that was almost to cute to eat.



Last week was spent getting ready for Thanksgiving,
visiting my urologist,
 ~  The big stone is still there and blocking flow from one of my kidneys.
The good news is that it is to large to pass and I am not in any real pain.
I am going to start  "sound blasting" that stone next week.
The other stones are now gone.  : )
Wooohoooo! 

I went to the opening of Breaking Dawn 2 .
Yes, I was one of those crazies who waited at the theater for a few hours.

and I loved it!!!!
.... so much that I saw it Twice.



Last night we had some old friends over for dinner.
Its amazing how lives change and time goes by
and yet, you can pick up right where you left off.

I am thankful for that.


And now it's time to make this old  house all pretty and festive.



I hope that you all had a great holiday weekend.
I can't wait to see everyones Christmas decorations and ideas.

Have a great new week!!!
xo




16 comments:

Melinda said...

Glad to hear that you are not in pain! Ken had the blasting done
on him when he was dealing with
his stones. Good luck!
Christmas decorating begins next
weekend.

Take care!

M :)

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

So glad to hear that you had a great Thanksgiving Leslie! I am decking the halls this week too! So happy that you are not in any pain with that stone either...they can be very painful! Have a wonderful week! Angie xo

Mica Garbarino said...

sounds like a blast. Our team won as well...Broncos...Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving..Hugs, Mica

It's me said...

Happy new week darling....love Ria...xxx..

Chris said...

Oh my kidney stones..ouch!
It looks like a wonderful holiday.
I need to see the Twilight movie this week.
I can't wait to see all your xmas decorations.

Theresa said...

Hope the stones blast away dear friend! Love hearing about your fun with family and friends! BIG HUGS!

Bob and Deb said...

Sounds like a great week! I hope that the last stone is blasted away easily! Great looking turkey veggie tray Michelle! Have a great week.

Melanie said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better!! Blast the heck out of that last stone! lol

Libbie said...

Love to see the purple! Go Vikes! :)

& I really love those ice skates & that snowman on them! Perfect decoration!!! I hope you put them on a few times a year too :)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Other than your big stone it sounds like a perfect holiday! I'm not sure how you are blasting it but It sounds painful.....hang in there girl! xo

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving weekend! Glad to hear you're not in too much pain, hope this all passes soon for you! Enjoy the Christmas decorating:@)

Gina said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I love your skates! They look so cute hanging on the back of that chair.

Good luck with the stone blasting!

Jann Olson said...

The smile on those boys faces says it all. Glad that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The turkey is too cute. I pinned it and your darling skates. Yes, I finally caved and joined Pinterest.
Hugs,
Jann

Jann Olson said...

Forgot to say that I am glad that you are not feeling pain. I had kidney stones once. I was 5 months pregnant and I thought I was having the baby. Hope all goes well!
Double hugs,
Jann

Julie Harward said...

Hi there, I have been gone for awhile, a new baby grandson came along and stole my heart! Love your post, looks like a great bunch of guys to hangout with! I am so excited for Christmas this year, new grand babies do that to me! :)

Zane Wooder said...

I'm loving all the veggies Leslie. Eating super healthy.

ontario honey