Wednesday, November 14, 2012

a life funk



One of my favorite things in this world is when I am driving along
and above me is a mirage of color drifting down softly.
I admit,  my eyes are everywhere but on the road where they should be..
but I can't help to be drawn to the beauty it all.

Dressed up in their best fall colors,
twirling and dancing to the ground.
Like a whisper from above they tell me to smile,
they tell me that everything is going to be alright.

I am listening!


Today is Sally's 14th Birthday.
I can't believe how quickly time is passing!

20 years ago on this same day, 
my father passed away.

I needed this day
to remind me that life is great and that God has a plan for each of us.
When I question that plan..
and that I have to do is think back to those special Saturdays in November.

My dad passed away on Saturday November 14th
and Sally was born , years later, the very next Saturday November 14th.
almost at the same time.
Things like that do not happen with out reason.

On this special day
I ask him for peace and strength, 
love and good health.

I am in a funk, my good friends.
I haven't felt good for weeks.
With several health issues going on..  none of which are to severe,
but still things that need to be fixed,
I just can't seem to get back to being myself.

Thank you all so much for the little caring messages.
I'm still here!


I hope that you all are doing great
&
I wish each of you a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!


I will be back soon...
I promise.

xo






21 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Happy B-Day to Sally! Hope you feel better soon, please take care of yourself:@)

Blondie's Journal said...

I didn't know you weren't feeling well, Leslie. I hope you get well soon and have fun celebrating Sally's birthday. I'm sure it will be bittersweet so I will be thinking of you.

XO,
Jane

Brandi said...

Thinking of you, Leslie and wishing you well. Take care my friend.

Theresa said...

Take care of yourself! My Granddaughter was born on my Daddy's Birthday the year after he passed away... I know how you feel! It was a special gift to say, life goes on:) Have a blessed day dear friend, BIG HUGS and prayers coming your way!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Hope you start feeling better soon. It is good to see you back - I have missed your posts. Take care of yourself and enjoy Thanksgiving with your family :-)

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday to Sally and hugs to you my friend. Let yourself feel and accept the sadness and it will soon pass. I hope you and your family have a lovely Thanksgiving. Take care and we will be here when you return.

It's me said...

What a special story...wowww.....ongratulations with your daughter.....and my dad is also 20 years gone .....love from me...darling take care...xxx...

Tami said...

I believe things happen for a reason. Sally being born on the day of your father's passing brings joy to a day that brought you to tears. Take Care Leslie!

Sarah B said...

A big Happy Birthday to Sally. I hope she has had a lovely day.
Sending hugs to you Leslie. I hope you feel better soon x

Barbara F. said...

Have been thinking about you, then we had Hurricane Sandy and that kept me out of the loop a bit. Hope you are feeling better. A very happy birthday to Sally. I remember my 14th birthday. I had a wrist corsage made out of bubble gum - 14 pcs. Those were the days. xo

Lee Ann said...

Oh lovely, sorry I haven't been by for a while. In a real funk over here too, I hope you are feeling better very soon xxx much live and a huge hug xx

Melinda said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
I hope things settle down for you soon.

Take care and know we are here for YOU!

M :)

Katharine said...

Lots of love, and wishes for health, peace, and hope... ((hugs)) my friend!

Gina said...

Leslie, I hope you are feeling better soon. I can understand the funk you're in. I think it happens to all of us from time to time. Big hugs to you!

Happy Birthday to Sally!

Chris said...

Happy Birthday to Sally!
I hope that you are feeling better soon.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Hugs!

Chris said...

Happy Birthday to Sally!
I hope that you are feeling better soon.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Hugs!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Happy Belated birthday to Sally! I'm sorry you are still not feeling well and are in a funk. Being the queen of funks I wish i had words to help.....this to shall pass!
((hugs)) my friend .

Karen said...

I love what you wrote about the falling leaves! So glad you checked in, I've missed hearing from you. Have a happy Thanksgiving, take care of yourself, and we'll be here when you get back.

Hugs,
Karen

Melanie said...

*HUGS*

Maple Lane said...

Hi Leslie, Thanksgiving blessings to you and yours. May God richly bless you. Mildred

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I hope your 'funk' passes soon Leslie and you are feeling like yourself! Please be patient with yourself! We will be here for you! Angie xo