Wednesday, October 17, 2012

haunting fun






We've managed to find time to do some serious Halloweening this weekend.

Yes,  I said,  some Serious Halloweening!

On Friday, our family along with my best friend Sherry and her family went to the Haunted Dungeons at Fort Howard.
Before we left for our haunted adventure
We enjoyed a delicious dinner.

Oh, you are wondering
what that is brewing in my Cauldron?


That's Dead Fred.

Or shall we say,   what was left of Dead Fred after I used my epic Zombie hunting skills and
chopped him up into little bits and tossed him into the bubbling zombie stew.



Yummmmy!
After our bellies were filled up with Zombie stew
( which tasted a lot like Chicken stew and bow tie pasta)
We headed out to our first haunt.


I've gotta tell you,
What was meant to scare us had me laughing harder then I  have in a long time!!!

Our gang was hysterical.. 
 As the ghouls and monsters tried to scare us,  we beat them up with sarcasm and made them pose for photos. 

They were good sports!!!



Mr Scream dude had a few funny zingers himself!


Of course Sherry gave him a run for the money
~ you just never know what will come out of her mouth!!



This guy was a little creepy looking,  but Sally wasn't scared.
Maybe just a little.


It is all about the ambiance that make these haunts so much fun...
 the dark woods,  creepy music,  the smell of a blazing bonfire and hanging out with good friends!


On Saturday, 
I took Sally and her best friend on a haunted hayride that also was tons of fun.


We listened to music,  ate dinner from the concession stand,  picked a few pumpkins
and took the hayride through the woods, past the creepy scenes and characters.

Have I mentioned that I love this time of year!  : )



I hope that you all are having some Halloween fun too!

Have a great Wednesday!
xo






17 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Gotta love hayrides and bonfires:@)

Gina said...

You really did do some serious Halloweening this weekend! Looks like fun, although I'm a bit of a chicken so I might not have laughed at the scary ghouls & monsters!

Mamaw Bee said...

I love how much you love Halloween. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the 31st posting. If you get a chance, pop over to http://mamawsplace4.blogspot.com/p/rednesday.html and leave a comment. I'm giving away a set of Thirty-One Timeless Memory Pouches.

Debbie said...

What fun! Love the pictures....great memories.

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

I wish I liked Haunted Houses, but they are just too scary for me! I don't like the scary people jumping out at me :-)

Angela said...

I just can't do 'scary' ... too big a chicken & don't want nightmares! Your page, however, is creepy cute =)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Last Haunted house I was in I peed my pants and punch a scary person and swore like a sailor at them! So I'm avoiding that no body needs that!! Haha you are making the most of the season ...love it!

Naila Moon said...

Total fun all around!

It's me said...

Love from me...xxx...Ria...

Madelief said...

Looks like you had great fun Leslie! I enjoyed seeing your 'scarry' photographs :-).

Madelief x

Ruby and Arthur said...

Sounds like a haunting good time! I love this time of year, too, just fun with no pressure of finding presents. have a great day, Jean

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Never went to a haunted house before but have gone on a hayride....

Mimi Sue said...

Sounds like lots of fun! You must share your recipe for zombie stew. Mimi

Katharine said...

Sounds like fun...maybe (I'm such a chicken)

Melanie said...

Fun fun fun!!!! :)

Ana said...

Hi Leslie,
Last time and only time I went to a haunted place was a very long time ago and it scared me so much I said I would never go again... Hee, Hee, Hee. What a scardey cat, right? Anyway, sounds it was the total opposite for you guys. Sounds like you all had a blast.

❤Ana

Melinda said...

I agree with Gina! I enjoy most of Halloween but not the scary activities.

I know you had a lot of fun!

M :)