Sunday, October 7, 2012

Hard Candy Lollipops

Boo!

They say that food is a way to a mans heart.
Not so true.
I was just 18 years old when I was stealing Paul's heart
and I couldn't cook a lick!

Gooey hard boiled eggs,  gravy so thick that the dog wouldn't eat it,
many burned hams and undercooked chickens..
I was definitely not the queen of the kitchen!

Many many years later ...
I am sure that it is not my youthful charm and humor that holds his heart,
 it is most definitely those hard candy lollipops that I make for him.

Whatever!

Since it is the month of all things Halloween,
 I added some neon green food coloring and a few left over candy eyeballs.
Yes, they are as yummy as they are cute.
It's No wonder he loves me!
:  )


Hard Candy Lollipops




2/3 cup of Kero Corn Syrup
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup of water
dash of cinnamon
splash of vanilla
( lolly pop sticks)

food coloring is optional

Put all in a pot and simmer until candy thermometer reads 300- 325, very carefully drop spoonfuls of the hot liquid onto PARCHMENT PAPER ( wax paper will NOT WORK) ..work quickly and add sticks and sprinkles.. Let cool..

 

While I am on the topic sweet things..
Look at this darling little Halloween votive holder.

It was created and given to me by one of my Michael's costumers.
She surprised me with a whole box of her beautiful things.
I love them all.
Thank you so much Diana!



I hope that you all have a great Sunday and a great new week.
I am going to try to make some posts ahead of time this week so that I have more time to catch up on my blog reading.  

See you all soon!!!
xo

Linking up with:



12 comments:

It's me said...

They are great !!!....Booo !!...lovely week darling...xxx...

It's me said...

They are great !!!....Booo !!...lovely week darling...xxx...

Madelief said...

Those lollipops look great Leslie :-)!

Happy new week,

Madelief x

Debbie said...

What a cute idea for lollipops! I am sure he loves you for more than just your lollipops. LOL Have a great week Leslie!

Sarah B said...

The lollypops look great. How nice of that customer to drop by goodies for you - you must give great customer service :)
Have a wonderful week x

Gina said...

Those are the cutest, creepiest lollipops ever!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Love your free-form ghosty lollipops! How nice of the lady to gift you some goodies! I still say you're the Queen of Halloween:@)

Freckled Hen said...

Those pops are great! I love your confession about cooking, I was much the same!

Naila Moon said...

Hey now, I could possibly make these.
Gonna pin them too.
~Naila Moon

http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/2012/10/day-8favorite-halloween-cartoon.html

Formerly known as Frau said...

I certainly didn't win Craigs heart by cooking back in the day....now is a different story! Love the lollipops!
Happy Monday!

luckyyjennyy said...

These lollies are beyooond adorable!!

Fiona said...

Those lollipops look great Leslie!

Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

Trying to catch up with all my blogging friends today.

Have a lovely weekend.

Fiona x