Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween bonfire and the Frankenstorm


boo!

Are you all ready for Halloween?



With this big storm on the way,
It looks like we are about to get a trick instead of a treat.



I'm glad that we were able to do some pre "Frankenstorm" celebrating with friends this weekend.

Our Halloween bonfires are one of my favorite nights of the year and this year's bonfire was no different.   

Since I spent Saturday morning at the doctor's ,  my second visit this week, 
I didn't plan to do a lot of cooking for the little get together.
In fact,  I cheated.
I made some cream of shrimp soup aka Brain Stew,  the mummy dip and veggies,
 and I bought a tray of ChicFila nuggets.
The smartest thing I've done all week month!!



The mummy dip was vandalized before we even tasted it.

My husband!

Crazy Pervert!



There was much silliness and the normal amount of  spoonful inappropriateness
to make my ab muscles sore today from laughing.

That's aways a good thing!




This is Mary and I
I don't know how she does it... but Mary is always smiling!!!
~  for the past almost 4 years Mary has been my boss
and although we were really sad to see her leave her position, it's nice to be able to hang out with her outside of work.

I make the craziest faces in photos... 
 can you tell that I love to have my picture taken.


The Witch's elixir was quite tasty!



It was a great time and really enjoyed the company of some great friends.

*

I saw these on Pinterest and I knew that I had to make them for the kiddies and grown-ups
for Halloween.


I started out with a batch of homemade graham crackers
~ once you eat a homemade graham.. you will never want the boxed version again!

You can find the recipe here on my blog.


and the printables for the adorable packaging are here.. 

They are so adorable that I think that I may have to make them for Christmas .




*



As the storm approaches we are prepared as we can be for power outages.
Schools have already closed, I have already called out of work for Monday,
and we've got the necessities ready..

Board games.



 a few "vintage" harlequins and some bewitching movies are downloaded onto my kindle.



and we've got a few sweet leftovers to enjoy!


Hope that you all in the storms path stay safe and dry!!!

Happy Almost Halloween!!!

xo

19 comments:

Sarah B said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun Leslie. I've never eaten a graham cracker, maybe I should try them?
Keep very safe!
x

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Got a chuckle at the mummy dip! Glad you got your bonfire in before the storm. Stay safe:@)

Fiona said...

It all looks fantastic Leslie
I laughed out loud at the mummy!

Great photo of you and your friend, you both look lovely.

I like all the goodies!

Have a good Halloween with your family

Fiona

ps like the polka dot background on your blog it is lovely.

Chris said...

What fun! I love the s'mores bags.
So glad that your party wasn't disruptted by Sandy.
Stay safe.

Mamaw Bee said...

The cupcakes made me hungry this morning. Everything looks scrumptious. Please stay safe as the storm approaches. Keeping you in my prayers.

It's me said...

Happy almost halloween darling.....love Ria...xxx..

Formerly known as Frau said...

I hope you are getting the answer you need from the doctor and are feeling better. Love all the yummy festive food! I need to bake something today incase we lose power the thought of healthy food alone I will not survive! Hahaha! Stay safe!

Debbie said...

Wow, what a party! Your food looks amazing....my hubby loves what your hubby did to the mummy...MEN! LOL

Stay safe in the storm and Happy almost Halloween!

Lisa said...

I almost snorted water out of my nose at the mummy!

Stay safe & maybe the wine will scare Sandy away!

Melanie said...

MWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA! I love the, uhhhh, Mummy. *cough*

Stay safe!!!!!!!! Hope Sandy doesn't hit you too hard!!! My generator is gassed up and ready to go for it - which means the power should stay on of course. lol

Tami said...

Great, yummy treats. Especially the mummy! HAHA!!

Melinda said...

Looks like a great time as always!

Thanks for the recipe.

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted as you can.

Be safe my friend!!!!

M :)

It's Just Dottie said...

I wish I could come to your party!

Stay safe!!!!

momstheword said...

Wow, what a fun time you had! Lots of yummy goodies too! Love the little s'more bags.

Praying you are all o.k! Please let us know how you're doing!

Katharine said...

Hope you are all safe and sound! Looks like you had a great time...I love your Halloween creativity!

Linda said...

Everything looks wonderful and yummy...love the smore idea...so cute! I hope you are all doing well after the storm...we have been praying for everyone in its path.

Catherine said...

You always have good ideas!

Michelle said...

That mummy dip is adorable -- in the first picture, at least! :-)

Fiona said...

Hi Leslie

Just popped by to say Happy weekend.

x Fiona