Friday, October 12, 2012

Apple adventure


Hi friends. 
I want to take a moment and apologize for not being more active on the blogs lately.
I would love to tell you that it is because it is October and that I am busy with Halloween'ing
but the truth is .. is that I've been going through a few medical issues and tests that have had me feeling yucky and has had my mind preoccupied. 

I am still here...  just trying to get back to normal.


Thank you all for the sweet Home comments.
That was a fun post!!!

Sooo..  back to this post:

I love beautiful fall days with my family.


Even if Paul and Michelle have to work and it's just Sally and I
( and these thousands of strangers)
I will take what I can get.


We spent the afternoon  a few counties away at a busy apple festival.
There were lots of craft vendors, things for kids, and plenty to eat.

After walking around for a few hours,  collecting a huge basket of apples and nibbling on french fries and fried dough we were ready to head home.


While driving home from the Apple Festival
I got lost.
As usual.
It wouldn't be a adventurous day trip if I didn't get lost all of the time.


We drove along a winding road surrounded by trees that were trading their summer greens for soft shades of yellow.


We noticed a foot bridge and I knew that we had to go see it.
so I pulled the Jeep off  to the side of the road and we went exploring.


There was a wooden foot path and old tracks that led to the bridge.


Inhale deeply,  can you smell the musky scent of  autumn leaves.
I love it!!
It's so calming and peaceful.


The leaves crunched under our feet as we purposely trudged through them.


Why is it that we always get more laughs and pleasure out of these unexpected adventures?




We noticed a few men sitting on the rocks below..
 they looked a little "deliverance" so we high tailed it out of there,
turned on the GPS and got our butts home.


Wondering what we were gonna do with those apples?

First thing on the Applegenda was caramel apples.




How did they taste?
Lets ask the expert.



Umm umm Good!


Say Hello and Goodbye to Shell...
She was off to enjoy an evening sitting around a bonfire with her friends.

 looks like she's up to something!



I sure love my silly daughters!!!!

Hope that you all have a great day!!

15 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

An apple festival sounds like so much fun! What a great way to celebrate fall! Your caramel apples look delish! And what a way to get lost! Your pictures are gorgeous!

I love seeing pictures of your girls...they are so pretty and growing up fast! Where does the time go?

I hope you are feeling well now, I'll be thinking of you.

XO,
Jane

Debbie said...

What a fun day! Seeing those 'gentlemen' sitting on the rocks down below would have had me high tailing it out of there as well! Yummy looking caramel apples. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Formerly known as Frau said...

What a fun adventure.....sorry you are still not feeling well. I hope your visit to the doctors yields some answers. ((hugs))

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Feel better! Loved all your photos - what a great mother/daughter day :-)

Fiona said...

Hope you feel better soon Leslie.

Lovely photos of lovely things
and especially lovely girls!

Have a great weekend.

x Fiona

Phyllis said...

What gorgeous fall-ness!!

It's me said...

I love your post Darling ....happy autumn weekend....love Ria xxx....

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sounds like you had a fun day and you have my admiration for getting the caramel to stick so nicely to the apples:@)
PS-Hope all is well, take care!

Theresa said...

Aren't those the MOST perfect kinda days? Love this time of the year! Have a blessed weekend and I'll take one of those apples please WITH caramel:) HUGS!

Martina said...

We have an apple festival in our town but it rained this years so we didn't go.
I hope you feel better soon!

bj said...

I've been doing a little APPLE cooking. Love this time of year for so many reasons.
Your apples look delicious...:))

Melinda said...

Sounds like a good day.
Going off the beaten track is always interesting.
Hope you are doing ok.

M :)

Jann Olson said...

I was just going to say that some of my greatest adventures and finds have when I was lost. Because of that I never mind getting lost. Always see something that I wouldn't have seen other wise. Then you, girl pretty much said the same thing. The deliverance thing made me laugh. Your girls are dolls and caramel apples are one of my favorite treats.
Hugs,
Jann
p.s. Sure hope you are feeling better. I've been having some leg problems and had to have a sonogram. Found out I have a large Bakers cist. What the heck is that? Darn, I'm falling apart! lol!

Leslie's Garden said...

Yum! Those apples, coated in their delicious caramel and sprinkles look divine!!!! What a lovely day spent with Sally! Love all the autumn photos.

Mo 'Betta said...

Caramel apples are next on our 'to-do' list!