Saturday, September 8, 2012

Rustoleum Countertop Transformation



Hi friends!
Since I forgot to tell you earlier..
Happy September!!!
This month so far has been a whirlwind  of events and emotions ~
but "mom" is finally starting to relax a little.

Sally is doing better in the new high school and Michelle is due home from Europe on Monday.
I can't wait to hear all about her trip to the Netherlands!!!

The countertop project was a great distraction!



I hope that you are you excited to see the before and after pictures..

Because, I can't wait to show you the Rustoleum Countertop transformation !!!!

Sorry if you have already seen some of these pictures in the last post..

*

The first thing that you do is tape off your countertops and score them with the diamond sanding block that is provided in the kit.   You have to completely sand them to ensure that the adhesive will stick.




Wash the counters and make sure to remove all dust.

Also,  cover sink drain with tape so that the color chips do not clog it.


I was soooo nervous about this painting step..
but painting on the paint adhesive was not hard at all. 




Sprinkle on the color chips.
This process is fun but very very messy.
I recommend using a lot more plastic protection.


Let the chips sit overnight and then sand the counters down until you get a smooth texture.

Wash, again and again, to remove all dust  and then you are ready to paint on the sealer.
Follow the directions in applying the sealer and let dry.
4 hours until firm,  2 days until light use and a whole 7 days until full use.



You all know that I love instant gratification..
And after three days
the countertops were perfectly dry and I had my kitchen put back together.

I do however, recommend following the Rustoleum instructions completely.

So what do I think about this product?

Easy to use!
Fast!
&
Amazing!!!!

Are you ready...

Before.. 



After.


Before...


After.
( try not to focus on my new gorgeous Halloween picture)





Before..


After.


Makes the world of difference doesn't it!!!!

I am totally in love with the results!
I definitely recommend this product.

Hope that you have a great weekend.
xo
Leslie

Linking this simple project up with Eileen's Simple Sunday.

35 comments:

It's me said...

Woww Leslie !! that is great !!!...look verry nice now !!...happy sunday...love love love Ria...xxx..

It's Just Dottie said...

I so want to do this. You have a very brave heart,my friend!
Smiles, Dottie

Fiona said...

It looks fantastic Leslie.

Well done you.

Have a great week and enjoy catching up with your daughter.

Fiona

Tracey said...

LOVE the end result... your counter tops look fantastic!!

Oh, and I have to ask... where DID you get the gorgeous Halloween picture???

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

You did a great job! And of course it looks amazing with your beautiful pumpkins:@)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your kitchen looks great, what a terrific job you did!! I love your fall decor with the pumkins too. Visiting from Sunny Simple Sunday.
FABBY

SweetPepperRose said...

Looks Fantastic! Love the black - BTW, I also love the tiled back splash - did you make those tiles?
JoAnn

Lee Ann said...

Oh my word!! That is just fabulous Leslie!! Just amazing. My friend you are a brave and talented lady. I'm glad your girly has settled and your nest will soon be full again xxx

Melanie said...

It came out phenomenal! I just love it. I really would like to do something like this to my counter tops. I would just worry about keeping Maggie off them until it dried completely. *sigh* (She's deaf so yelling at her is useless. She does want she wants, when she wants. lol)

Theresa said...

Beautiful, you are SO brave! I love the results:). Enjoy for years to come. Hugs

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Wow...you did great...love it!

Gina said...

Oh wow, Leslie! That's amazing...your countertops look great. I would be afraid to take this project on. Wanna come up & transform mine? ;D

Lisa said...

I really need to try this product! My current counters are a nasty 70s poo brown laminate with variations in color that resemble growth in a petri dish.....with oak trim!

Your's looks great!

Maple Lane said...

The change is remarkable! I love your kitchen! You are an inspiration!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Amazing.
Completely different room.

Nice job. Pat

Diane @ The Checkered Apple said...

What a great transformation! I think the dark color made the kitchen have a more rich look to it.

Lilly said...

That look really good! Congratulations with the "new" kitchen! :)

Debbie said...

It looks fabulous Leslie! Great results. Good to know that it is recommended and I am glad it worked out for you!

Denise said...

Wow, I'm so impressed with your transformation! This looks so good with your cabinet colors and the rest of your kitchen. I'm not brave enough to tackle something like that on my own -- good for you! Your kitchen has so much personality.

Visiting from Sunny Simple Sundays. BTW, my first name is Leslie, but I've always been called by my middle name. :)

Denise at Forest Manor

Debra said...

Lovely ! But either way your kitchen looks so warm and cozy and inviting! :)

Chris said...

Wow!! It looks fabulous!!!!

Catherine said...

It looks very nice, never seen before.
Good day!
Catherine

Melinda said...

Love it! I bet it was a great diatraction for you.

How does everyone like it?

M :)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Wow I love it!

Mica said...

what a wonderful transformation...wow....Love it. Hope your daughter had a wonderful trip. Do share when you can. Hope your having a great week. Mica

Ana said...

Oh Leslie,
They look amazing. I've been curious about this product. Thanks for the review. Enjoy your brand new counters...Bet they make your kitchen feel brand new too. Hope Michelle had an amazing time on her trip and that she arrived home safe and sound.

Hugs,
❤Ana

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Wow Leslie! What an amazing transformation! It looks so awesome! You must love being in your kitchen now with the new look! Angie xo

Mo 'Betta said...

That is so awesome! It makes such a difference...my sister did her countertops in her previous house.

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Looks fantastic! I did see on someone else's post where whatever Rustoleum finish she used bubbled and ended in disaster. Yours look great.
Thanks for sharing..
Now I need to think about doing this on my countertops.
May I ask how many kits you used for all your counters tops?
Hugs,
Deb

nancy said...

Looks great, but I'd be concerned with the durability...

Leslie said...

Update... it's been over a month and so far the counter tops are holding up great!!!! : )

Leslie said...

6 months and they still look awesome. So far so good.

Leslie said...

6 months and they still look awesome. So far so good.

Leslie said...

Two years old already and still almost perfect. I chipped it with a knife once.. and covered it up with black nail polish and clean enamel. : )

Paper Transformations said...

Excellent blog.
I read your article. You share very nicce information about paper countertops.
countertop transformations