Monday, September 3, 2012

Michelle, Mr 7 & and the Countertop makeover


Here they are... 
Michelle and her buddy Mr Seven,
ready for their journey to Seven's home town in Holland.

Mr Seven is a funny name isn't it?
His name is actually Siete.
Michelle was just two years old when Seven moved in next door
and since Siete was  too difficult for her to say, he told us to call him Seven.
It stuck!

Seven has been a part of my girls life since then..
he's been to almost every  party, communion, Christmas dinner, graduation,
.. we've even asked him to be the girls legal guardian if something were to happen to Paul and I.

My girls love Seven as he does them,
and although we are not related by blood..
We are family!
I know my girl is in good hands.



And now that I have stopping worrying for just a bit..

It is time to start a project that I have been planning to do this week while Michelle was away.

See my kitchen counter tops?
Well... I want  need new ones.
Pretty black speckled counter tops.


Unfortunately, new counter tops are not in the budget.


A few weeks ago I saw a commercial for
Rustoleum Counter top transformations
Have you guys seen it?
  After watching the youtube tutorials over and over,
 I knew that I had to try it!

This stuff is not cheap, retailing for $250.00 for (50 square feet)
 it is still a lot less then new counter tops would cost.

I found mine on Ebay for $220.00 with free shipping.





Here is what I've done so far...








Now,  I've got to wait 6 hours before sanding again.
Then it's time for the shiny top coat.
Can't Wait!!!

Thank you all for your kind peacefull words.
I have been a bundle of nerves all week.

Have a great night friends.
xl

15 comments:

Katharine said...

Oh, I'm so glad Michelle has this amazing opportunity, and I'm glad you are feeling a bit better about it!
Wow- That counter looks awesome, what a great job! Can't wait to see the end result!!

Maple Lane said...

Lovely photo of your daughter and Mr. Seven! What a wonderful opportunity.
I had seen this advertised and you have done a fabulous job. It is looking great. I would love to try it, too!

Debbie said...

Michelle looks like in great hands with Mr. Seven. How lucky you are to have him with her. Your counter tops look great so far! Can't wait to see the final pictures.

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

This is going to look amazing! Keeping busy is the best thing to help with the worries :-)

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

That's a big project! I look forward to seeing it finished:@)

Theresa said...

You are a BRAVE girl but it is surely paying off! Love the look:) WE will all pray for safe travels for Michelle! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

Wow, I'm impressed with the counter-top!! Great job!

Karen said...

I've been SO tempted to try this on my countertops. I can't wait to see the end result and would love to know what you thought of the process. Such a bargain!

Laurel Stephens said...

Wow! I am so inspired by you tackling this job, and I can't wait to see the finished counters.

Melanie said...

OMG I AM SHARING THIS POST WITH MY HUSBAND.
I have never heard of such a thing but I NEED THIS.

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

It is going to look amazing Leslie! Can't wait to see the finished project! What an amazing experience Michelle is going to have...what a lucky girl! Angie xo

Melinda said...

Michelle will be fine with Mr. Seven and just think of all the new things that she will get to experience while she is away.
She'll be home before you know it and you can show her your handiwork on the countertops.
Looking forward to see them finished.

M :)

Kathryn D. Duke said...

great job on your counters...come do mine!!!
I know your daughter will have a grand time...

Leslie's Garden said...

Hi Leslie! It's Leslie here. Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! We have more than a name in common - I have a daughter named Sally and my husband and I were married in June! I love your Rustoleum countertops. You say easy, but I still think it seemed like a lot of work:) They look really great though, you did a great job. BTW, our favorite Halloween/Fall movie is Hocus Pocus. We watch it whenever we are wishing for fall. We also always watch the two fall Friends episodes, the one playing football, and the one with Brad Pitt. Wonderful Fall shows!

Robbie Marinero said...

That was a splendid transformation! Looking at the before pictures, I must say that it looks better with the color chips on top. And it is not even sanded yet! I bet it looks marvelous after the sanding and the top coat. This process is nifty and quite easy to do. :-) [Robbie Marinero]