Monday, September 24, 2012

fall festival projects


Would you believe it.. 
I sit here with fuzzy socks,  wrapped up in a comfy blanket, sipping  hot pumpkin spice coffee and I am  trying to fight off another head cold.

Michelle brought a cold home with her from Holland.
Sally was sick with it last weekend..
and well,  Mom as usual, didn't escape the colds wrath.

It's no biggie. 
I'll live.
Meanwhile,  while I am too lazy to do anything else
I figured that I should get a head start on some blog posts.

They've hiked up my hours at Michaels..  which will limit my blog time this week.

Next weekend is the Harvest festival that I am working.
This year, I didn't make many seasonal crafts..  
 but I did make a lot of Raven's themed stuff and I made over a bunch of things that I already had.
Wanna see?


Around here..   football fans are crazy about their Ravens,
so I made a bunch of these Raven Pom Pom Gloves.

Raven's stuff always sells!


See my pretty orange and white polka dot cardigan..
Picked it up at Target last week.  Loooove it!


More Raven's ..
Debra, the amazing floral designer at my store made some of these pumpkins,
and I just copied her idea and then added some peat moss and a raven to the top.



I bought this cabinet a few years ago at the goodwill.
It was the perfect spice cabinet and I always had a vision for it but never did anything to it.


After sitting in the basement for the past year,
I decided to finally fix it up and get rid of it.


Chickens..  everybody loves chickens.

How do you like that mess in the background..   yep, it's still there.



You can't have chickens without some chicken wire!


Lots of staples, hot glue and rafia to finish it off.
I am not to crazy about that tall chicken..  but the overall project turned out ok.


The next makeover is this pink lamp ~ another goodwill find.


What was I thinking?
Candy Cane!


After many coats of paint,
I finally got to the fun part of embellishing.

First the base.

And then the lamp shade.
I hot glued pretty ribbon around the base.


I don't know if it will sell, it's a little early for a Christmas lamp...
but it's sooo cute.




That is some of the things that I've been doing.

I usually do pretty well at this fall festival.
I  hope that I made good choices this year because any profits that I make are going toward a special  girlfriend trip that I have coming up.
.

What about you all..   What are you doing on this sunny Monday?



 


26 comments:

Karen said...

Catching up with you, Leslie! I LOVED the post about your family tree. What a treasure that is. My husband is into tracking his ancestory and the stories are so neat.

That lamp is sooo adorable. Someone is sure to snatch it up.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Everything's so cute! I saw the Eagles pumpkin at my Michaels and for some reason... I like that one better:@)
PS-Hope you feel better soon!

Brandi said...

Love all your great projects especially the chicken cabinet. Hope you do well at the festival.

Katharine said...

Love that Christmas lamp! I hope you do really well at the festival, it sounds like fun :)

Kelly said...

Wow, I love your Christmas lamp! You're really clever and refurbishing your finds.
Kelly at Little Wonders' Days

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh my gosh where do you find the time and energy. Please say you are sending me that chicken cabinet. PLEASE!! You are almost always the top viewed post each week. I can see why.

Maple Lane said...

So sorry you are sick. Feel better soon. Love seeing all your pretties.

Honey at 2805 said...

You really have a lot of new projects going on! Very cute!

Gina said...

You have been busy I see! The pom pom gloves are so cute & you amazed me with your chicken painting...I always knew you were talented, I just didn't realize how much! That candy cane lamp is adorable!

Hope you feel better soon!

Debbie said...

Oooh I love that chicken cabinet!!!! It would fit perfectly in my kitchen. :D

Love the lamp...that should be snatched up quickly as well. People are thinking of Christmas already...how could they not around here when the big department store has Christmas trees up and decorated today!!!!

Love the gloves too! I hope you feel better soon!

Mamaw Bee said...

You have been busy. I love everything. That little lamp and the cabinet are gorgeous.

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Holy Cow Leslie! You are so talented! That chicken cabinet is so adorable..I can't believe you just did that freehand! {If I tried that my chickens would look like the chickens that crossed the road! lol!}
And that Christmas lamp is SOOOO pretty! I am sure that will sell! Angie xo

It's me said...

Always nice to see all your fall items........love that christmas lamp too !!...happy week...xxx...

Chris said...

The cabinet and the lamp both look amazing. You are very talented!
I hope that the cold will be gone soon!
Have a great week!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Hope you feel better soon! Love all your crafts you made...hope you sell a lot! Take care!

Theresa said...

Love that cabinet! It would look perfect in my kitchen full of chickens and roosters:) Have a blessed day! HUGS!

Sandy said...

Love your makeover projects! You can send either one my way!

Melinda said...

I am sure that you will be a success!
The lamp is adorable and the gloves are too cute!

Have fun.

M :)

20 North Ora said...

Your painted cabinet is darling. I love your Christmas lamp. Really cute.

Judy

Ruby and Arthur said...

Hi Leslie, I loved seeing all your crafts...you are so talented! Hope you feel better soon, Jean

Jemm said...

Oh my gosh Leslie! You can transform anything! Great work and good luck at the fall festival. That sounds like lots of fun.

Jann Olson said...

Good luck with the Fall festival Leslie. I think the lamp is adorable. Lots of creativeness on the cabinet and I love the Raven gloves. Hope you get well quickly. My daughter has had that nasty cold for a week. So far I've been able to escape it.
Hugs,
Jann

Mo 'Betta said...

You are so talented! And working at Michaels?! I would spend my paycheck there! Those gloves are adorable - I bet you could sell lots with all different teams. Etsy shop?!

Melanie said...

Super cute projects!!!!! I think that lamp might be my fav. It's adorable.

Lee Ann said...

oh I love the lamp! I would so put that in my kitchen all year round!! xx

All That Glitters said...

This lamp is sooooooooo cute!!! I'm catching up on your blog!!