Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday hodgepodge

Good Morning Friends.
Happy Sunday.

It's a peaceful cool morning in Baltimore
and I have officially accepted that fact that summer is fading..
The jellyfish have invaded the bay,
the swimming pool is cold,
and the counter tops are covered with school supplies.

This week we will be getting back into a routine and finishing up some last minute school shopping.

For now, I sit enjoying my coffee and browsing through one of my favorite books,
Grace and Fresh Ink.

If you are not familiar with this book ~  it was written by Katharine of Just a Thought.
Katharine sees beauty in just about everything and simply amazes me with her beautiful writing.


This weekend we got a visit from Katharine and her awesome family from Canada
~  who just happen to be our family too since our husbands are cousins ~
It was such a treat to see them all!
I hope to someday make the trip to Canada to visit them.


As I prepare for an upcoming Fall Festival that I am working,
 I have been scouring the attic and basement for some unused junk to repurpose and sell.

I found this old vanity chair in the basement..


A fresh coat of paint and pretty polka dots was all that it needed!
Although, I think that I may tie a fancy bow of raffia to the back of it.

( it reminds me of a cute mushroom)


I still have a few things to makeover
~ I really love doing that stuff!!


Yesterday, while on a girlfriend shopping date,
I found a few cute Halloween decorations.

I instantly fell in love with this haunted house snow globe.


Do you see the little bats flying around?

I am starting to get excited...
It's almost time to decorate for my favorite time of the year!!!!



Hope that you all have a great Sunday
and a great new week.

Linking up with my heat suffering California friend Elaine for
Sunny Simple Life's  Simple Sunday.




21 comments:

Gina said...

Fall is definitely upon us.
I love what you did to that stool! I love the fabric.
That's a really cute snow globe.
Happy Sunday to you!

Katharine said...

We so enjoyed our visit with you! Those cupcakes were...amazing! You are more than welcome to visit our corner of the world, we'd love to have you!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Love your new water globe! HomeGoods had a ton of fun Halloween things out! I carried a spider web tea light candle holder around but ended up putting it back... Might be headed back out after dinner:@)

Barbara F. said...

Ah yes,fall, the most beauteous season of them all, with the most fun holiday in the middle. I haven't started yet, still milking the summer a bit, now that temps have cooled for a day or so. Your stool is adorable, and yes, it reminds me of a mushroom, too. xo

lulumusing said...

We're seeing signs of summer fading in Maine as well. It's an all too short season. I love snow globes and have a collection that I continue to add to.
Thanks for your visit. Do come again.

Lilly said...

That chair looks beautiful Leslie! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

On my side of the Potomac, we've not had our air conditioning on all day--Today after the rain, the air even smells like fall--Or is that the aroma of crayons from all the kids getting ready for school?? :-)

(I love the globe and what you did with the stool!!)

It's me said...

Great chair !!!...enjoy your week darling...love Ria...xxx..

Theresa said...

Gorgeous makeover... I LOVE the polka dots:) It is almost time to start dragging out the pumpkins and fall decor! Still a little warm down here but I can tell it is getting closer! Cute globe with the bats! Have a blessed evening, HUGS!

Mica said...

yup it has been hot here in California...it is not only hot but unusually humid to top it off. yuck! It really is hard to believe Summer is almost over. I got all my daughters books together to start her 7th grade year. crazy! O-MY your re-do on the chair....so so cute!!!! lad to hear you enjoyed your time with family from Canada...Can you believe the 11 years I lived in Washington an hour away from Canada...we never visited? Someday maybe. Have a great week and thanks for sharing!!! Mica @ The Child's Paper

Melinda said...

I am so looking forward to
fall this year.
I wondered if you would see Katherine. How fun for all.

Have a great Monday.

M :)

Debbie said...

I agree, summer is over. Love the stool and Halloween decorations already?! Wow...I love, love, love that globe. Enjoy your week!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Nooo! I don't want Fall yet! I am not ready! I love that vanity stool Leslie...you made it 1000 times better! Love the cupcakes with the Canada flags...cute! We are getting ready for back to school at our house this week too! The kids go back on Sept. 4. How about your girls? Have a great Monday! Angie xo

Chris said...

Looks like a wonderful Sunday!
I love your new Halloween stuff and I am looking forward to your fall/Halloween decorating :)
Have a great week!!

Mamaw Bee said...

Love, love, love the little chair. Love the snow globe too. And where did you find the paper straws. I have been looking everywhere for some.

Kelly said...

I love your stool make over.
It's so hot here in the south still that it's hard to imagine fall is on the way. I'm ready for a little cooler weather though!
Kelly at Little Wonders' Days

Formerly known as Frau said...

Love the chair you redid.....awesome job! Fall is my favorite time of year..I hope I get into this year...still adjusting to my baby being gone...giving myself a week and thats it ! Happy Monday!

Lisa said...

LOVE the waterglobe!

The chair is really cute! Almost too cute to sit it!

Maple Lane said...

Such a warm and cozy post! Thanks for the link to the book. Love the haunted house with bats globe. Autumn is my fav time of the year. The vanity stool is adorable. Best wishes with the new school year!

luckyyjennyy said...

I found your site through Countdown to Halloween -awesome snow globe! Can't wait to join y'all this year on the countdown!

Feel free to visit me at my blog A Spooky Soiree http://spookysoiree.blogspot.com

Orlaith Fitzgibbon said...

can i ask where you got the globe,i found a white one with owls in tk maxx but i need a matching one for the mantelpiece and it had no tags so have no idea where to find it and searching has proved unsuccessful so far!!thank you