Friday, August 3, 2012

August



August

22 years ago, tomorrow August 4th ~ was the day that I found out that I was pregnant with Michelle.  It was such an exciting time in our lives.

August

22 years later..

We will be..
Making homemade ice cream.

Listening to locusts loudly humming during the day and the crickets softly chirping in the evening.

Watching the Sunflowers and black eyed susans replace the Hydrangeas and roses.

Strolling market isles filled with yellow #2 pencils and marble back notebooks. 

Magazine reading and taking naps in the sand.

Nesting and house cleaning as we prepare ourselves for another school year.

Munching on Boardwalk french fries loaded with salt and vinegar.

Cheering on Baltimore's beloved Olympian, Michael Phelps.

Trying to capture every last moment that we can on the beach.

Preparing for Sally to start her first year of high school.

Preparing for Michelle to take her first trip to the Netherlands next month.

Eating crabs!

Watching Paul learn to drive a real "NASCAR"

Snuggling in bed with my furry babies.

Taking night time strolls and shell collecting on the Ocean shore.

Watching Summer softly drift away and savoring each moment.

It's going to be a wonderful August!!!

How will you spend this month?


15 comments:

Katharine said...

We're coming home this month! Can't wait!

Kelly said...

It sounds like you are having a beautiful summer. I love your summer fun board!
Kelly at Little Wonders' Days

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Love your summer list! Sounds like you are have a wonderful summer.

Sarah B said...

That all sounds so very wonderful. I can't wait for summer until I can do some of those things as well. Paul will love his Nascar ride, I bet my Lyn would too!
Beautiful pooch pic by the way :)

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Love your 'to do' list, that's such a fun idea! I think Sharky has the right idea-enjoy:@)

Formerly known as Frau said...

I want your August.....omg my life is so boring! After Katelyn leaves for school my August will be a whole new focus and hopefully end summer with a job! Have a wonderful weekend!

Gina said...

Your August sounds like perfection! Enjoy every minute of it.

It's me said...

Enjoy summer darling...love love love Ria...xxx..

It's Just Dottie said...

Most wonderful!!! You are just wonderful,my friend.
Smiles, Dottie

Melinda said...

This week will be spent getting ready for school and having a visit with a friend.
We'll spend the weekends making the most of it!

M :)

Theresa said...

I hope that my August is going to give me some time at home! We have been traveling so much and I really am looking forward to staying home! Love the pup in the sand! Have a blessed weekend, HUGS!

Debbie said...

Love your August list. Enjoy the remainder of the summer!

Freckled Hen said...

This is one of my favorite posts! You are definitely making the most of August! I love summer days...

Julie Harward said...

OH MY GOSH....so many wonderful things planned, I want to tag along too! That Golden looks just like mine! My most fun comes with family too...have a great month! :)

Jemm said...

Can I come stay with you for the month? Yeesh, afraid mine is much less romantic. School starts the 16th and enrollment is tomorrow.