Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A trip to the shore

The rest of our weekend took us to Ocean City, Maryland.


The weather wasn't great
but we made the best of it.
Besides,  anytime that I am away from home and don't have to cook
is an awesome time!


It rained on and off all weekend.
These seagulls didn't seem to mind as they played in the rooftop puddles.


Sally didn't mind either..
She still got to put her feet in the sand and feel the cold rush of the salty ocean.


We played on the rainy beach for a while..
it was actually kind of fun ~
Whats a little rain when you are already wet?


We hung out in the candy kitchen,
filling up on sweets like swizzle sticks, chocolate licorice and tangy legos.


Everything is so pretty and colorful..
Like the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.


And we ate good!
We ate everything from steak and tilapia covered in asiago cheese,
fried clams, steamed shrimp, crab cake sandwiches, to delicious pizza.
I am still feeling the wrath of all of that good eatin!


Check out this cool table at one of the restaurants that we dined in.


We strolled the crowded boardwalk.


Munched on the best french fries in the world.


We rode some rides and roller coasters.



Sally and dad raced go-carts


After an action packed weekend
it was time to say goodbye to the sea.


Now,  it's time to finish up all of the back to school details,
get Michelle ready for her trip to Holland,
and get some of these house projects finished.

Mom is starting to stress out!


Hope that you all have a great Wednesday
I am off to work for a while
then it is time to clean this house.
Yuck.


21 comments:

Katharine said...

Oh I can't wait! Where did you stay?

Theresa said...

What a fun trip to the beach, even with the weather not quite so perfect! I love time near the ocean, peaceful! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Mamaw Bee said...

I need a vacation so bad it isn't funny. It looks like you had an awesome time, despite the weather. I agree, just getting away from home is relaxing even with the yucky weather.

Fiona said...

Lovely photos
especially the one of Sally
-great picture!

Best of luck with the housework
and good luck to Michelle on her trip to Holland.

I'm like you I had better find those back to school details too!

Have a good week


x Fiona

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Rain sounds so wonderful right now. We haven't had it in months. Sounds like a great relaxing time. I am stressed too. First day of school today.

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Sounds like a wonderful time with family. I used to live close to this beach and went a couple of times....

Gina said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad you went ahead despite the rain. The picture of your daughter made me smile...you can tell the water was cold just by her body language!

Coastalpines said...

This post brought back so many memories for me, I spent my first 26 summers there :)

Rain or not, it is a wonderful vacation spot and I love your pictures, especially Candy Kitchen and the go-carts!


Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

I love a day at the beach when it is raining and windy and the waves are big. Just not everyday of a vacation :-)
Great photos!

Blondie's Journal said...

What a fun filled weekend, Leslie! You really packed a lot in! The pictures really tell the story! The beach looks so inviting, rain and all, and I think eating out is one of my favorite things to do on vacation!!

Sounds like you came home to plenty to do. I guess it's that time of year!

XO,
Jane

Maple Lane said...

What a wonderful trip and nice photos. It's been ages since I've visited the ocean and felt the sand. The food and candy photos are just great!

It's me said...

It looks like a great trip with your familly darling...love from a verry sunny warm Holland...yes summer !!!....xxx..

Mica said...

even through the bad weather still looks like a fun time. Love the pics. have a great week ahead...Mica

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sounds like you had a fun time! I could really go for some of the greatest fries in the world right about now:@)

Melinda said...

Sounds liie a fun time!

Take care.

M :)

Melanie said...

I'd muck around the beach when it was a little wet out - if only because it would be less crowded. lol (HATE crowded beaches.) Great photos again!!!!!!

Madelief said...

Sounds like a great weekend Leslie! We will be going to the beach this weekend too. It's going to be hot in Holland. The sea with the wind and the water is then the best place to be.

Have a lovely weekend!

Madelief x

Debbie said...

What a fun time! Enjoy the last few days of summer. :o)

bobbi said...

if I were near a beach, no rain would stop me. Not even a storm. I just have to swim if I see water...I'm like those seagulls, I guess!!

Lee Ann said...

What fabulous pics!! Looks like you all had a great time. We have already started back to school :-( boo. Sad the summer hols are over but more than ready for Autumn to arrive!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend this weekend x

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Looks like such an amazing day Leslie! When I look at your pics...I miss the ocean SO much! I love your new blog look by the way!
Angie xo