Friday, August 10, 2012

A busy RAINY weekend ahead ~

Its rainy and cold in Baltimore this morning
Normally I love days like these
~  but we have a billion things to do this weekend,
must of which..  requires sunshine!

Plus..  to add a little bit more fun to the festivities
I think that I am getting sick again.

 Wet, grey days like this makes me want to curl up with the girls
and have a Twilight movie marathon.
Hot coffee and the Cullen family sounds pretty awesome right now!
What a dork!

Earlier this week Paul and Michelle had their annual rock concert date
and went to see Evanescence.
Paul , who has been to a billion concerts
Said that this one, was the best he'd ever seen!

While the big kids were jamming out
Sally and I had a little date of our own that included
a pedicure, dinner, and thrifting.

Look what found me in the thrift store!


There was no contemplating, 
I just tucked this little cutie under my arm
and brought her home.


Won't she be adorable sitting behind the chicken wire cabinet!


Time for me to drag myself out of this comfy chair and get things together.

Today, Paul is supposed to drive a "Nascar" at the track in Dover Delaware.
(Remember that was our 50th birthday gift to him)
Hopefully, the rain will stop long enough for him to get his racing in.


Have a great weekend everyone!!!


21 comments:

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Love your find, it will look adorable behind the chicken wire cabinet. Have a great weekend.

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Watching movies with the girls on a rainy day is the best :-)

LoveAutumnRayne said...

I love this! I have a very similar cookie jar with the same "basket" design on the base and the same rooster on top. It's just round and a bit taller. I found mine thrifting as well! Small world : ) I love your kitchen, beautiful!

It's me said...

Enjoy a happy weekend darling...love Ria...xxx...

Barbara F. said...

Love that hen, perfect for the cabinet. Your kitchen is the coziest one I've seen, everything must taste extra delicious there! xo

Pam said...

What a cute hen! She'll be right at home behind the chicken wire door. And I love your comfy cozy kitchen, the white cabinets and touch of red as my kitchen is mainly red and white.

Pam said...

What a cute hen! She'll be right at home behind the chicken wire door. And I love your comfy cozy kitchen, the white cabinets and touch of red as my kitchen is mainly red and white.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Lovin' your new chick! Sorry to hear about rain on his race day, I do hope there was a break in the weather. Happy Weekend:@)

Sarah B said...

I hope that rain stops so Paul can get his ride in. I was just thinking of you as the Nascar is on tv here right now :)
Hope you feel a bit brighter soon x

Maple Lane said...

I'm sorry you are not feeling well. I hope you'll get some sunshine and feel better soon. I love the chicken you found at the thrift store. It always makes my day to find an unexpected treasure for a great price!

Tracey said...

I'm sure your new feathered friend is very happy to have a new home :-)

Your kitchen is just darling!

Melinda said...

Take care of yourself!

Send us some rain--please!!

M :)

Gina said...

That chicken is just too cute! Have a great weekend & I hope you feel better soon.

Debbie said...

Lucky you! I have been looking for one of those chickens myself. I hope you feel better and that the 'racing' goes well for dear old hubby!

Chris said...

I hope that Paul's NASCAR experience is wonderful. How great that you saw Evanescence. I bet it was a great concert.
You are not a dork...in my book that means you have cool points!!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Awesome thrift find...love it! I hope the rain stopped long enough for Paul to race and you feeling better! Happy weekend!

Theresa said...

Hope the rain stops so the Nascar drive can happen! Love your purchase, I would have snapped that up too:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

bj said...

OOO, my gosh...what an adorable kitchen you have. We MUST have a Parade of Kitchens so everyone can show off their talents. Love yours.

Fiona said...

Hi Leslie

hope that you are feeling ok
and that whatever bug had you feeling ill is now gone.

I love your new Chicken
he is adorable.

I have been busy with my mum staying
so trying to play catch up
but think it will take me quite a while!

Have a lovely week

x Fiona

Mica said...

Ooh a Twilight night...sounds fun.I like Twilight...noone else gets it here, especially Mr. Darling. Evanescence is one of my favorites...her voice is hauntingly beautiful. I probably would have enjoyed that concert myself, but then I would have loved the thrifting part of your adventure. Cute hen by the way. Hope your feeling better...I ended up with bronchitus for the 2nd time this year...BOOO!!!!! Take care have a great week. Mica @ The Child's Paper

Melanie said...

Love your new chicken!!!
He is adorable. :)