Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Pretties

Happy Sunday
&
Happy last weekend of July!

There is not much to do today,
laundry, cooking, blog reading, cleaning..
 ~ the normal stuff.

Earlier, I took a little walk with my camera ..

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but last year I damaged my Rebel XS.
~  while in Florida, I got sand in the camera and tried to wipe it clean with a towel and scratched the mirror inside.    

Note to self :  Never Ever do that again!!!

(The camera works fine on manual focus ~ but shows the small scratch in the photos)

 Anyway ~  back in May I starting making payments on a new Rebel T3
and I finally paid it off this week.

.. and it's amazing!

I've been practicing with aperture and shutter speeds
and the nearby nursery was the perfect place to capture some gorgeous colors.




The Zinnia's seem to go on forever. 


as the Sunflowers reach for the sky.




It's such a pretty place
~  so hard to believe that it is Baltimore City.


While we are still outside...
here are a few more pictures from the other day.

While visiting friends at the boat yard
a beautiful rainbow appeared.



And as quickly as it came..
It was gone!




lets go inside for a minute.

The Lamp project is finished!
I really love how unique it is.
My "traditional" non blogging friends don't understand my quirkiness
~  they just see a ham lamp..
While I see a  masterpiece that I can put anywhere.


I added some frayed trim around the edges
and some colorful felt flower stickers.

Total cost of the lamp :  $8.00


Look how cheery the dining room is..
Yesterday, I painted the corner cabinet AGAIN..
I love this shade of blue.


The table is set in lots of Yellow for August.

I usually buy a few yards of fabric to make a table clothe in colors that I want..
and No,
 I do not sew them!
I hate sewing.

Do you like that peice on the wall?

I bought it half price at the mall a few weeks ago.
It was originally yellow..
I had to repaint it so that it would stand out against the yellow walls.


I hope that you enjoyed the pretties .

Thank you for the visit..
 I appreciate all of you so much!!!!
xo
Have a wonderful new week.

Linking up with Sunny Simple Life's Simple Sunday.
Make sure to stop by and say hi.





26 comments:

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Good Morning Leslie!
I saw you post in my reader-- but came here via SSS...I like to give the party a boost!

Your dining room looks lovely-- I love that iron work on the wall. I look for things like that--haven't found the perfect one yet. I'd like to add a little bit of interest behind my wood burning stove!
Also-- I love the yellow on the walls in there. I have yellow in my dining/ eat in kitchen. So cheerful!
I also am in love with that aqua corner cabinet! I am in love with Aqua right now!
I don't photograph to well, I'm learning. I'd like to think I a little better at it since I started blogging... your photos are great!

see ya, have a simple sunday, Pat

Fiona said...

Hi Leslie,

Lovely lovely photos today.

The flowers are wonderful
and your new camera is certainly
doing it's job
=make sure you look after it
you don't want another camera
mishap!!

Love the dining room and the painted dresser.

Your chairs are exactly the same as ours and I think that the table is probably the same too
although I can't see with the lovely cheery cloth you have on it.
Ours is an oval shape and I am going out to buy some material as I am so impressed with yours!

I think your room is warm and inviting.

I hope that you have a lovely week and that you enjoy many an evening in your pretty room.


x Fiona (in Ireland - where the sun is shining today!!!)

Brandi said...

Congrats on your new camera! Your pictures are so pretty!

Barbara F. said...

I love the sunny yellow, your dining is so charming, and I completely get the "ham" lamp. It works for your decor so well. xo

Gina said...

Beautiful photos with your new camera...enjoy!
I love your corner cabinet in blue. It's alot of fun & just pops!

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh my gosh your camera is what my camera wants to be when it grows up.
Where did you do a layaway for your camera? Great shots and IIIII love that lamp. I get it. Wonderful shots of your house. How I wish I could come over for coffee and a chat and to see it in person. I just love your house.

It's me said...

What a beautiful day you have had !!...lovey week darling...enjoy,....love Ria...xxx..

Lilly said...

I love the pictures of the flowers, they're really pretty! I also really like how the lamp turned out, looks great! And so does everything else in your pictures! :)

Katharine said...

Everything looks so peaceful and calm...gorgeous colours of summer!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Lovin' that third pic of the zinnias-have fun with the new camera! What's not to love about a ham lamp?:@)

Melinda said...

Such beautiful flowers--ours are burning up in the heat! :(

Your pretties look great!
Have a great evening and week.

M :)

The Boston Lady said...

I love how that lamp turned out, the fringed edging was the perfect final touch! I love all your flower pictures and how you decorate with such wonderful colors! Ann

Mica said...

I love it...the pictures look like I can touch them for reals through the computer. Congrats on a new camera, sad for the other one though....I love the lamp shade, I totally see a work of art in quirkiness...and the cabinet...It really pops. love the decor and table setting etc..and thanks for sharing the zinnias...they are one of my most favorite flowers. Have a wonderful week ahead!!!! Mica @ the Child's Paper

Sarah B said...

Lovely photos Leslie, especially those zinnias. Thanks for the info. I think the camera models have different names in the US and AUs but it's easy enough for me to work it out. I'll have to look out for the T3.

Have a great weel x

Phyllis said...

I love your autumn table, but I am not ready for summer to be over yet! I love your rainbow!

Honey at 2805 said...

Your flowers are beautiful and so is your shell picture below!

Freckled Hen said...

Love those flower photos, congrats on the new camera! And I love everything about your dining room, you use color perfectly, I'm always so inspired!

Chris said...

Beautiful pics. looks like you had a Sunday filled with calm lovely things and spaces. Don't you just love zinnias?

Mo 'Betta said...

jealous of your new camera! Great pics!

lulumusing said...

It looks like you are doing jus fine with the new camera. Like you, I'm trying to get better with settings other than automatic!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Awesome shots....wow you are so good! Corner cabinet love love love the color! And you lamp rocks...love all the extra touches you put on it. Have a wonderful week...happy Monday!

Melanie said...

Great picture post!!! I'd say you are settling in very nicely with the new camera. :)

southernscraps said...

The blue cabinet is fabulous and the photos are gorgeous.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The lamp turned out great! I need to figure out something I can do to one of mine! Love the big sunflowers and your pretty zinnias, too! Enjoy your week!

It's Just Dottie said...

Pretty. ...so pretty...Smiles ,Dottie

Packer said...

Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Packers and movers in Chennai