Sunday, July 22, 2012

Rainy day in the Mom Cave


Rain!!!

Finally,  we've got some good rain in Baltimore.
About three days worth.


The temperature has been cooler,
the windows have been open and the breeze blowing.

It's been a nice change.

Rainy days are spent best out on the sun porch
and since I've been feeling crafty lately
it was the perfect weather to sit at my craft table and create.

I've been "bunting happy" and while I was making a few strands of Halloween bunting for an upcoming Fall Festival,  I had to make some baby bunting for my little sailboat.



It is so colorful!

My blackeyed susan's are growing like weeds.
I love filling the little enamel pitchers with clippings.



Today, the rain has stopped, it's a bit more humid and the sky is grey.
I spent the morning browsing through some of my favorite books.


My mother in law gave me this Trisha Yearwood cookbook that  I am finally getting around to reading.    Everything , minus the yucky Okra,  looks yummy!


I am not much of a chef in the summer time..
I tend to make a lot of salads, grilled burgers and boxed dessert mixes ..
It doesn't get any easier then this no bake cheese cake.


Since we've got a large supply of cucumbers
Sally and I are going to make some pickles today.
That kid can eat a jar of pickles in one day!


It's a peaceful Sunday morning and I am wondering what else that I can get into today..


The mom cave is looking rough
and I am wondering if I should give it a makeover.


Do I feel like organizing today?


Although I have to much  junk stuff
there are some things that I enjoy looking at while I am out there..
Like these little projects of my girls.

To think that Michelle's hands where that small ..


I also love seeing all of the little notes and trinkets from my blogger friends.
And of course, puppy Sharky  photos warm my heart every time I see them.


Everything is scattered and messy..


Yep, my mind is made,
 I will do a little organizing and rearranging in the Mom Cave today.

I hope that you all have a great day and a wonderful last week of July.
xo

Linking up with Sunny Simple Life's Simple Sunday.






21 comments:

Kelly said...

I love a gray rainy day every now and then for just this type of stuff!
Kelly at Little Wonders' Days

Barbara F. said...

We had a couple of rainy days, almost fall-like, and I was already craving a pumpkin spice latte. Great organizing weather. But it is warmer and more humid the past 2 days. I love your mom cave, and the chandy is adorable. Nice pile of books, and I wanted to get the Trisha Y. cookbook, her recipes always look great. I feel the same way about okra, yucky slimy okra. :) xo

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

I love rainy days too. It gives me energy in doing things around home. Nlove the buntings.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Love your crafting area! Inquiring minds want to know... What are you going to do with those great lavender balls?:@)

It's me said...

We have had lots of rain here in Holland finally we have had a sunny day today......hope again tomorrow.....love love love Ria...xxx..

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

It's cloudy here. We had the worst drought last year...this year we're still down on the lake levels...but the fields are green and growing. We've had lots of rain.
So glad to hear y'all are getting rain. It may rain here today.

I think organizing is in the air too! I've got organizing on the brain. Want to move some things around and make better room for crafting.

love your Mom Cave... Pat

Mo 'Betta said...

I want a mom cave! My oldest daughter will also eat an entire jar of pickles if I let her...I really miss having a garden this year. Last year we had more cucumbers than I knew what to do with. But we still managed to eat all but a couple jars of pickles...and I made A LOT!

It's Just Dottie said...

Looks like a super kind of day! I love Trisha Y's cookbook. I am a southern women and I adore fried orka .....
Smiles,Dottie

Theresa said...

I think your Mom cave looks organized enough, come help me with mine:). Have a blessed Sunday dear friend. Hugs... Thanks for praying for my Brother.

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh a summer rain. I am so jealous. Your bunting adorned little boat is adorable and so festive.

Chris said...

Lovely post. You have made your space wonderful.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Love a rainy day especially this summer...love your Mom cave clutter and all....hope you had fun organizing all your goods. Happy MondaY!

Melanie said...

BABY bunting? I don't know why but that phrasing makes me laugh. Sounds like a new obsession. If you start baby bunting the dogs it's time to step away. Just saying. lol

Pam said...

I'm so envious of your rainy day, Leslie. We desperately need one of them. We are not used to this 100 degree weather for so many days and no rain. Your mom cave is adorable, very homey and cozy!!! I have that cookbook and another of Trisha's. Lots of good recipes and you are right on spot about the okra. Now I need a grandma cave after seeing this!!!

Melinda said...

Bring on Fall! I am so ready.

Hope your day of organization
was successful.

M :)

Maple Lane said...

You have the perfect place to enjoy a rainy day. I enjoy cookbooks even though I don't cook much any more.

Home made pickles would be delicious!!!

Mica said...

Love....That would be a wonderful place to hang out on a rainy day. It is delightful. Hope you have a wonderful week!!!! Mica

Jann Olson said...

Hi Leslie, mom cave looks like my kind of place. My sewing room gets messy so easy. Then I organize it and mess it up again. lol! All of those things from your kiddies are precious. I have had my share of fun making buntings also. Creating is just good for the soul. Just have to tell you that I have a bit of a bird fetish and I love your twig chairs with the birds. I would love to find something similar.
Hugs,
Jann

Jann Olson said...

Forgot to tell you that I love the boat and am now following you.
Hugs,
Jann

Mamaw Bee said...

Okay, now I want to redo my little corner of the world, too.

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Thanks so much for linking this up. You are always one of the most viewed posts.