Tuesday, July 3, 2012

4th of july prep and computer problems



Ok,  I'm gonna try this again.  I wrote this little post this morning about the locusts singing ~ how much I love the sound and how it reminded me of summer days, riding shotgun with my grandpop in his old white pick up truck.   The memory of Ronnie Milsap blasting on the radio had me smiling. 

 And then...  something happened to this blog.     Once I saved my post and went back to reread it I noticed  several highlighted words ( that I did not highlight) ~  I clicked one and it took me to a talking survey. 

What!! Seriously??  

How is my blog ever gonna get that magazine feature that I've been dreaming of for years with that kind of junk on it ~  you didn't know that ~  but yes,  that is all I want out of life ..  one tiny little 2 second paragraph on printed glossy paper : )   I'd buy a hundred copies.

Anyway,  last night I was trying to download a photo editing program ~  once I started the download, I got a virus warning and cancelled it.  I think that a piece of the virus got in to my computer anyhow.
I searched my computer files for recent downloads and I found the culprit.   I hope!


We'll see what happens after I publish this. 
fingers crossed!



As you can see, we are all ready for the 4th.   This morning while doing another virus scan on my computer I made these pretty jello treats using the same recipe as the SKY Jello. 
They are super easy to make and very pretty to look at.



Since I had already made a mess in the kitchen,
I made some salads, burgers and cupcakes with butter cream frosting ~  all for tomorrow.




Wishing you all a wonderful day!

 

17 comments:

Gina said...

Oh Leslie, you are so far ahead of me! I've got 26 people coming tomorrow and what am I doing? Reading blogs! lol

Sarah B said...

Gosh, I hope you got rid of that nasty.That's one thing I promise my new computer, I will keep the antivirus software up to date. These viruses are so yucky now.
I totally get your dream to be in a magazine - I would love that too!! In fact I was just saying that to Lyndon last night.
Happy 4th for today/tomorrow!
xx

Barbara F. said...

Glad you were able to figure out the problem. Have fun tomorrow! xo

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like a yummy 4th to me! Relax and enjoy:@)

Katharine said...

Looks like you are more than ready! Have fun!

Sandy said...

I'll trade you some cookies for some cupcakes! Thanks for stopping by and have a great 4th!

Melinda said...

Yes, those cupcakes look yummy.

Happy 4th to you and yours. Enjoy your day!

:)

It's me said...

Great post !! what a troubles!!...love love love Ria...xxx..

Formerly known as Frau said...

Happy 4th of July! I hope you and your family have a wonderful time today!

Julie said...

Thanks for visiting today Leslie. Your post about TREATS looks DELICIOUS! **I especially like the jello dessert. Pretty! (creative!) love the pic with your sunflower. Have a great Fourth. yes - I DO have problems with my compy...argh!! Hope your problems are history.

Maple Lane said...

Everything looks so festive! Hope you have a fabulous Fourth!

Debbie said...

Happy 4th Leslie! Have a great day!

Kelly said...

You're treats look wonderful. Hope you had a great 4th!
Kelly at Little Wonders' Days

Ruby and Arthur said...

Leslie, your July 4th preparations look so festive! Love reading your blog! Jean

Jann Olson said...

Hi Leslie, keep up great posts like this and I'll be reading your story in a magazine for sure. The jello is so festive and there's nothing quite like cupcakes with sprinkles. We had a great holiday and it looks like you did as well.
Hugs,
Jann

Melanie said...

Yum yum yummy!! You sure do know how to put on a spread, that's for sure. *gobble*

Hope the computer is 'feeling better' now. :)

Nathan Cook said...

Nice info. Thanks for posting.

Nathan,
Virus Removal Service