Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sunshine Lemon Cake




Sunshine
Lemon Cake

2 1/2 cups of flour
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
3/4 cup of oil
3/4 cup of orange juice
2 teaspoons of grated lemon zest

Glaze:
1 1/2 cups of powder sugar
1/2 cup of orange juice
1/2 teaspoon of grated lemon zest

Preheat oven to 325'
grease and flour bundt cake pan
Beat cake ingredients in a large bowl.
Pour into the cake pan and bake for 40 - 50 minutes.
Remove cake from oven and pierce with fork.

Blend glaze in a pan,  bring to a boil and simmer for about 1 minute.
Pour half of the glaze over the cake still in pan.
Allow cake to stand for 10 minutes.
Invert cake onto plate and spoon the rest of the glaze over the top.










Have a lemon Sunshiney kind of day!
xo


10 comments:

Gina said...

Oh yum! I love a light lemon cake.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Yum! I love lemon cake.....Have a sunshiny day also!

Debbie said...

I love that you posted the recipe of the cake...I was really hoping you would after seeing that towel! I love, love, love, love that towel! Have a sunshiney day and enjoy the cake.

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

How refreshing with a glass of iced tea. And happy anniversary. We are 23 years this August.

The Working Home Keeper said...

Oh, that looks so good!

Mary Ellen
The Working Home Keeper

It's me said...

Yammie......love Ria....xxx..

Blondie's Journal said...

I love lemon anything!! This is perfect and I will try it soon! Thanks, Leslie!

XO,
Jane

Madelief said...

This sounds delicious Leslie! A perfect summer recipe.

Happy day,

Madelief x

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Very pretty! Lovin' that great yellow color-enjoy:@)

Katharine said...

Yum! I wish I was closer, and I love, love, love the tea towels...