Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Summer List board



While blog hopping and pinning the other day I found some gorgeous inspirations for designing
 my summer to do list board .

I knew that I wanted to do it on a chalk board..  but ours is to small for everything that I wanted to put on the list.


In a pretty blog called A Grace Full Life
Kari  re-purposed an old picture,  used chalkboard paint and chalk pastels to create her gorgeous summer list.

Since I was working at Michael's today.. I took the easy way and bought a large peice of canvas, spray chalkboard paint and some pastels.


However pretty it turned out..  I bought the wrong kind of pastels.
The oil pastels are permanent..  so if you want something that you can wipe off..
Make sure that you get the Chalk Pastels.


After spraying the canvas with the chalkboard paint
I got busy with the pastels.

I loved Kari's idea of bunting at the top!!



( I am trying to get into the habit of watermarking my blog photos)



I love all  of the happy colors!!
Now.. I just have to decide where I am going to hang it.



To see Kari's board and others,
visit her blog


Happy Tomorrow!!!

xo

Linking up with Kelly at Little Wonders Days
and her Summer Bucket List Party.







13 comments:

Debbie said...

How cute is that you creative girl!!! Now just make sure each one is checked off before the end of the summer...I am sure the girls will hold you accountable!

Gina said...

Oh I love it, Leslie! It really turned out great!

Tami said...

Such a cool and easy idea! Thanks Leslie. This will be fun!!

It's Just Dottie said...

Great job!! I have extreme chalkbroad love!! Maybe because I am a retired fourth grade teacher. Your list looked like fun too!

Ana said...

Ooh, I love this idea! It's so colorful. It will definitely make checking off the To do List items more fun. I love it.

Hugs and Kisses,
Ana

Chris said...

I love it!

Kelly said...

This is so pretty! I love that you made your list a piece of art. I'm hosting a summer bucket list party and would love for you to link this project.

http://littlewondersdays.blogspot.com/2012/06/summer-bucket-list-party-features.html

Kelly at Little Wonders' Days

Megan said...

So cute!!

Kari at A Grace Full Life said...

Ok I sooooo love this!!! Thanks so much for linking back to me, that was so sweet and I am going to become your newest follower, if you do that sorta thing. Or atleast stalk...I mean follow you...on Pinterest. :) Big hugs!!!

Catherine said...

I lové thé idéa , it looks vert nice full of Colours! Happy week end. Catherine

Katharine said...

Oh Leslie! This is soooo beautiful, do you mind if I copy/steal/use this idea?? I have a great place in mind...

Julie Harward said...

I LOVE THAT LEMON CAKE! This is such a cute idea with the chalkboard, that would make summer full of fun! Turned out so cute!! :)

Wendy Byde said...

Thank you so much for sharing! Yours is beautiful and I'm working on ours right now! I hope it turns out as cute as yours did! :) wendyleebyde@yahoo.com