Sunday, June 17, 2012

The sky's the limit

 Wow!  This week flew by!
I can't believe that it is Sunday again already.

It's been a busy week filled with cleaning and painting..  and more painting.
The garage is done, deck is almost finished, fence is started
and the house..  well..  the house isn't even close.

Little bits at a time..
No stress.

It's a big weekend in Baltimore.
In honor of the anniversary of the war of 1812,
Fort Mchenry and the city of Baltimore are hosting the
Sailabration.

Lots of  navy ships, tall ships and the blue angels are performing all weekend.

This is an odd sight that I never imagined seeing from our deck.







Pretty cool, Huh!



So, In honor of Father's Day and the Blue Angels visit to Baltimore,


 I made some awesome Jello treats for Paul.

Sky Jello


 Jello and whipped cream are his favorite!!!
Throw in a few Jets.. and he's a happy man ~ or a little kid again.


I can't wait for him to see his yummy surprise!


Hope that you all have a great Sunday
and that all of the dads out there have a wonderful Father's day!!!

Linking up with Sunny Simple Life for another Simple Sunday
and Alderberry Hill's  Make a Scene Monday


I found this and other great  ideas over at Anastasia's Palace

SKY JELLO

 
* 2 packages of Berry Blue Jello


* 2 cups of whipping cream


* 1/4 cup sugar


* 2 cups of ice


* parfait glasses or any clear containers that you can see through




Start by placing your whipping cream in a large bowl, beat on high speed until just starting to thicken. As you continue to whip the cream slowly pour in your sugar, continue whipping cream until it forms super stiff peaks. You want to make sure that it is good and stiff so that if will hold it’s shape later in the jello. Keep chilled in fridge until needed.




Now it’s time to get your jello ready. Pour 2 cups of boiling water into a large bowl and add both boxes of berry blue jello powder. Stir until all of the sugar has dissolved. Now you are going to add your 2 cups of ice, this is going to set up your jello nice and quick :) Stir the ice around in the bowl for about 5 minutes until the jello has thickened and remove any left over ice that didn’t melt.Your jello won’t be super thick like after it has set in the fridge but it will be jelled enough to scoop out on a spoon in a blobby form.


Now the fun begins! Start by placing a few spoonfuls of jello in the bottom of your parfait glass, then take your whipped cream from the fridge and drop in a spoonful or two and press it against the side of the glass. This is going to form your cloud in the sky. Try not to smear any of the whipped cream where you don’t want a cloud, it will show up as streaks when you put more jello in so wipe away any unwanted marks.


Continue layering the jello and whip cream alternating where you place your cream clouds so that you get a nice staggered effect :)

14 comments:

It's me said...

I really like that drink !!! wowwww.....lovely week darling.....xxx..

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh my you always make the cutest things and my kids would love that. I see Sunday dessert maybe. It really looks like a cloud and sky. Have a great day with the Father in your life.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

The jello turned out cute! Love the Blue Angels, how fun to see them from home:@)

Lilly said...

Wow! Those jello treats looks really cool! I love how you put the little jets on top!

Debbie said...

Those are just AMAZING!!! How cool is that?! He will love them. The Blue Angels are so much fun to watch and one of the pilots is my sister in laws cousin. Small world!

Katharine said...

Too cute, I love the little jets! Hope you guys had a wonderful Fathers day!

Holly said...

How is it possible that I haven't seen your blog before? We follow a lot of the same blogs. Spent some time looking through yours and I'm really enjoying it. Love your cute cozy house. Have a great week! Holly

Chris said...

Very cool!
What an amazing sight and the jello is pretty fabulous!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Awesome yummy treats! Hope your hubs had a great fathers day! Happy Monday!

Country Dreaming said...

Great fun all around--I bet Paul WAS surprised!

Melinda

Julie Harward said...

Hi there, your treats look so good to me, so refreshing! I love J E L L-O! Those planes were here in Utah a couple of months ago and you are right, they are so impressive! Enjoy your summer with your beautiful girls! I sure miss mine since they grew up and got married! ;D

momstheword said...

This looks so refreshing and yummy. I hope to try it some time. I am loving what I see of your blog!

I love all the bright cheery colors that you use. I am adding you to my reader and looking forward to reading more!

Ana said...

What cute desserts. They look yummy...Perfect for the summer.

Hugs and Kisses
Ana

Tammy Bocchino said...

Love the Jell-O idea!! Too cute!!