Sunday, June 10, 2012

Simple Sunday on the Sun Porch


Simple Sunday.



The Sun porch is the perfect place to spend a simple Sunday.
It is the most simplest, most peaceful room in the house 
 ~ where mostly everything in it was bought from a thrift shop,  repurposed, or homemade.

The daybed, 
  overloaded with mismatched pillows (the misfits) is the best place to curl up with a magazine.  
Just 5 minutes out here and I am fast asleep.

It is the simple things around me that make me who I am.
Things that a lot of people take for granted ~
I take pleasure.

Gobs of seashells to remind me of our trips to the beach
and how drawn we all are to the water.



The gentle breeze bringing with it the smell of summer flowers and the sounds of birds.


Paper bunting made from scraps.


An old window with
a tiny twig wreath tied with a polka dot bow.


A photo of my girls (2007) in a picture frame made from seashells from Hart Miller Island
( our boating beach)


Grandma's crocheted pillow ~  it goes back as far as my memory.
I have a lot of things that belonged to grandmom but none of them mean more to me than this simple little pillow.
This pillow brings memories of simpler days at my grandparents house.
Being curled up in clean jammies, eating huge bowls of ice cream
 while watching Shirley Temple movies.

Some Saturday nights ~  you can still find me snuggling with this sweet pillow.


The gentleness of Sharky resting his head on my knee.


Filtered sunlight and sheer curtains


Simple gestures...
 like the old airplane kite that Paul just gave me to hang from the ceiling
~  he knows how I love to hang things!



I feel so blessed to have this simple life
and such sweet simple memories.

Happy Sunday!

Linking up with Sunny Simple Life's Simple Sunday

25 comments:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I love this room Leslie! You are so luckky to have such a wonderful room and you have made it so beautiful! I would fall asleep on that day bed too! Happy Sunday! Angie xo

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Lovin' your G-Mom's pillow! You've created a very inviting and comfortable space-enjoy:@)

It's me said...

It is a great room filled with the sun and beautiful memories!!...love Ria...xxx...

Katharine said...

Beautiful, peaceful, space... Happy Sunday!

Debbie said...

Simple pleasures are the best pleasures and your sun room is a lovely place. Have a great Sunday Leslie, relaxing and snoozing in the room you most love surrounded by the things you love!

Gina said...

I really enjoyed this simple Sunday post. Your sun porch is always so pretty with it's cheerful colors. It looks homey, comfy & relaxing too!

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Your house always makes me smile and I just love all the color. I have to make one of those little banners. Did you use a whole punch on it? I am such a newb with crafts.

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I would love a room like this. I stopped over from elaines!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

This is my very first visit to your blog... I'm finding little things on your side bar that catch my fancy!
I'll have to linger here a bit longer.
Your porch in my envisioned dream...looks so comfy. LOVE, love, love, the little Grandma Pillow.
I saw you Elaine's SSS party, Pat

Crafty Gardener said...

I love your sunroom, especially the way you are displaying your shells.

Heather said...

Happy Sunday, Leslie! Enjoy your special room...it is certainly filled with many wonderful treasures!

Diane said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Love your colorful lanterns! How fun!!

laurie said...

what an amazing space you have created its just perfect!

Cozy Little House said...

I love your colors, your pretty lanterns! Your space is so cozy.
Brenda

Lemon Lane Cottage said...

I love your sunroom, it is such a cozy space and I know I would spend a ton of time out there. I am coming over from SSS and love your blog. I am your newest follower. Patty

Sandy said...

What a great room to relax in. Just curl up with a book and off you go to la la land!

Kathleen Grace said...

Your sunroom is beautiful! What lovelymemories you have with your grandmother, I have some of those with my grandma too. This sounds like such a happy place to be:>)

It's All Connected said...

This room is so happy! A few minutes on those pillows and I'd be asleep, too. ~ Maureen

Country Dreaming said...

I'd like to hang out here! It looks like so much fun.

Melinda

Formerly known as Frau said...

I'd live out there...it's so cozy and inviting! Happy Monday!

Vickie said...

A happy simply lovely place to hang out!

Laurel Stephens said...

What an adorable and happy room!

Natasha in Oz said...

What a gorgeous room! I love all your shells and the way you have displayed them is fabulous. No wonder you love spending so much time in that sunny room!

Best wishes for a great week,
Natasha.

Zinnia said...

You have a lovely veranda. It makes me happy that the lamps are in a different color. Great idea to have shells in the fruit basket. I wish you a nice sunday! Zinnia

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a beautiful room...perfect for summer time relaxing! We have a lanai here in Florida that looks very similar. I even have French doors leading out to the lanai. No open windows here though! Our ceiling fan gives us a breeze! Love the way you have your shells displayed! I LOVE shells! Hope you'll visit me soon!