Friday, June 22, 2012

Michael's, Craft Wars and a feather tree


Have my fellow US  bloggers put out their patriotic stuff yet?
I haven't.
But I'm gonna today.

I love when the house is decked out in red white and blue...
It feels so festive!

Like my little feather tree?





I made it the other night with some with some supplies that I bought at Michaels.


Styrofoam cone,
feathers,
lots of hot glue sticks,
patriotic doo-dads to decorate with



A cold glass of beer.
Yes, sometimes I like a good beer when I am feeling crafty.
Paul,  a  faithful professional Miller Genuine Draft drinker would say that my beer is nasty.
Humph.. Whatever!


I had intended on punching the feathers through the Styrofoam, gluing them in as I went along.
~  to much work!!
It was easier just to glue the feathers to the surface of the foam.
I started at the top.


And worked my way down.




Once I had the basic pattern,  I went back and added more feathers where I needed them.



Then.. it was time for accessories
~ which, as usual, I went a little crazy with.






And here it is all finished. ...
Lady Liber'tree
I think shes a cutie.






While I am pimping out the supplies that I purchased from the greatest craft store ever.. ( and my work place )  Michaels,
Have you guys seen the promo's for the new show called Craft Wars that starts next week?

TLC
in partnership
with


This show looks like a lot of fun.   It is hosted by Tori Spelling  ( Donna Martin graduates, Donna Martin graduates! )  Sorry,  whenever I see Tori  I get a case of  90210 touretttes.  
Anyway.. It looks to be a lot like the "food/chef wars"  where the people are given a list of craft supplies and they have to come up with an completed project within a certain time frame.
I am sure that we will get lots of ideas from this show.

I can't wait to watch!

Check out Michaels closet on Craft Wars.
NICCCE!


You can check out Craft Wars and take a closer look inside of the closet by clicking on any of the Michael's links  ~  Don't forget to sign up for their coupons while your there ~  Using them is as easy as printing them out OR pulling them up on your smart phone.



And now that I have successfully given Michaels some free advertisement..
I believe that I deserve a raise.
Be sure to contact Michaels and tell them that Leslie,  the Spoonful blogger from Baltimore, is awesome and she needs a raise ~  a big one!  : )

( Yes..  my bosses are faithful Spoonful followers)


Hope that you all have a wonderful weekend. 
See you soon.
xo

Linking up with

and



17 comments:

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

You make the cutest things ever. I love this. You have to link this up SUnday. You had the most viewed post the first week. I had a post about it but had to remove it. Somehow it was messing up my blog and blogger said it was something that I had done on that post.

Katharine said...

Have I told you yet how great it is to have your crafty self back blogging? You inspire. That show looks great...I've been hoping for a good summer show, I hope it is aired here!

Barbara F. said...

This tree is so adorable, and now you have inspired me to make one for the fall holidays. I can get lost (and do some serious damage) in Michael's. I try to limit my visits there 'cause I have no room! xo

wachete said...

Whatever you are on I need some... Love you Leslie. Now back to comfort in many shades of gray.

Lilly said...

I love your feather tree, it looks lovely!

Brandi said...

I love your sassy tree! So fun for the 4th! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Country Dreaming said...

Love the tree--so festive!
Love Michael's--need a closet like that one.
Can't wait for Craft Wars!


Have a great weekend-:)

Gina said...

I love your patriotic feather tree! It's so cute, Leslie.
I didn't know about Craft Wars, but I have got to watch it. Sounds like it will be fun.

I just have to add...the Donna Martin graduates part cracked me up! I have been known to yell that same line around our house too!

Heather said...

What a cute patriotic tree...it almost looks like a firework exploding in the sky!

It's me said...

Nice tree......that are our colors too.....hahahahah!!...love happy weekend....xxx..

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Lovin' Lady Liber-Tree and that show sounds like a lot of fun! Had to chuckle, one of the guys at work said to someone on the phone "you're the best, I'm putting you in for a big raise... Doesn't mean you'll get it though." Have a great weekend:@)

Martina said...

I love the feather tree! It's so cute!

Diane said...

So glad you linked up your Lady Liber'Tree. Great idea! I love all feather trees and was so happy to see this on my Patriotic Link Party! Thanks for coming by and sharing it!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

She really IS a cutie!! But I know that if I made one of these little trees, it wouldn't!

I hope you're enjoying your weekend!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your feather tree is perfection! Happy holidays!

Melanie said...

My decorating for the 4th consisted of putting $1 bargain bin American flags from Target in my flower boxes and pots around the property. lol I get an F for effort. :)
Love the feather tree! Those are super cute. I'd make one but I'd be too afraid one of my cats would eat it. So it goes when you buy cat toys with feathers on them. *cough*
That show does look interesting! The EW magazine gave a really good review on it this week.

Maple Lane said...

You have inspired me to do some holiday decorating!