Monday, June 25, 2012

the Kayak


Here we are ~  back at our favorite place in the whole world.
~ Our beach!

The temperature was a sweltering 95' and it was a perfect day to take a break from painting the deck and relax out on the water.



Michelle who is suffering from Bronchitis,
made herself comfy and cool under the shelter of the umbrella.
The poor girl felt terrible!
  and  she was so excited to be off of work and finally able to go out on the boat with us ..
 She made the best of it and was a real trooper!


Paul and I have been talking about buying a "sit on top" Kayak for a few years..
and a few months ago I surprised him with this inflatable two seater Kayak.
I thought that it would give us an idea if we would like one or not..
We took it out for the first time and We love it!!!!
We can't wait to take it out again!


Sally and I explored territories of the Island that we can't get to boat foot or boat.





... and it was easy enough that even Sally could paddle on her own.


She took her sick sister for a long ride.


We are excited about the idea of taking the kayak out in to the creeks and rivers...
first though,  I have to find us some decent kayaking life vests.

hmmm.. I wonder what the weather is gonna be like tomorrow ~

Hope that you all had a great weekend.
Besides the great day on the boat it's been busy busy busy around here.
I have finalllllly finished painting the deck! 
~ Now it's back to the house siding.

Happy Tuesday friends!!

18 comments:

Gina said...

Looks like fun! Stay cool!

Debbie said...

Looks like a great time! Sorry to hear Michelle is sick...I hope she feels better soon. Don't like the looks of that snake though!

Sarah B said...

Poor Michelle, bronchitis is no fun at all, exhausting too. Hope she feels better soon. Looks like a fun day out - though I'm not keen on the look of that snake. Are they venomous? All the snakes in Tasmania are highly venomous. Fun :)

Barbara F. said...

Wow, that was some snake! Looks like a fun day. Hope Michelle is feeling better, bronchitis is rough. xo

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

....loving your beach!

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh fun. We have talked of getting a kayak to take when we camp near water or the beach. I do not however want to see a snake slithering in the water near me. Was your daughter afraid one would come up near her sitting in the water?

Linda said...

Was that a snake in the water...eek! Not something I'd want to paddle by. I sure hope Michelle is feeling better and that it cools off for you...I heard it is brutally hot in some areas. Have a great evening!!

Angela said...

Wow, that was a snake?! I would have freaked out!!! But what a gorgeous place! Looks like you guys had fun :)

Natasha in Oz said...

We always have someone fall ill on our holidays too! I hope that Michelle is feeling better now. I also hope you can all enjoy the lovely warm weather.

It's raining and really cold here today-not very Australian at all! I hope it clears up before our beach holiday in two weeks!

Take care and best wishes for a lovely week.
Natasha in Oz

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like a fun day! Except for the snake of course:@)

Country Dreaming said...

I agree with Gina!
The snake can go away though!

Have fun.

Melinda

It's me said...

Seems like fun !!...enjoy love Ria...xxx...

Formerly known as Frau said...

Perfect time in the sun....love the kayak looks like a blast!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Perfect time in the sun....love the kayak looks like a blast!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Looks like such a fantastic day Leslie! Your new kayak looks so fun! We are with you....there is nothing better than a sunny day and a good day on the water! Angie xo

Maple Lane said...

Such beautiful photos of all the fun!

Katharine said...

The snake gave me the shivers but the rest looks blissful!

Mo 'Betta said...

Back.The.Boat.Up. Was that a snake?! I'd be freakin' out!