Wednesday, June 27, 2012

garden cirtters, painting and lots of before and afters




These are my favorite flowers ~
They have a name.. Eci something , that I have no idea how to spell ~
We call them cone flowers.  
I used to have a ton of purple ones.. but they didn't come back this year.
I think that the other flowers have over crowded them.



The mint in this garden is growing like a weed.
I probably should cut it back.


This is Michelle's veggie patch
~  she puts coffee grinds in the soil.


If  you look closely you can see what else is lurking in the soil.


Dinosaurs!

It is not unusual to find childhood momentos all over this house.

Frotto Baggins has found a great home in my impatients.
Silly things like this make me smile.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some people have asked me about my wieght loss..
I've lost a good inch or two from my waist line.

I am going to let yall in my pants!


and now I am going to let you in on my secret.

Remember a month or so ago when I was up on the roof painting the siding..


Well..  I am still going.

This is an old old house..  that needs a ton of work,
some of it I am trying to cut corners on the cost and do it myself.

I actually don't mind..  I like having projects.
My husband thinks that I am  superwoman.
(and he's right)

 
As of now...
the deck is painted.

It went from this..


To this


The siding and shutters on the back of the house are freshly painted.
The windows caulked.


The fence under the deck still needs to be finished..


The green is very calming.


I usually spend a few hours in the morning painting..
Then cool off in the pool in the afternoon.



This is the over hang above the kitchen door.
pretty ugly and worn out!
I did't even realise what an eyesore it was until I started painting.

I had a few ideas of how I could cheaply fix it up and then came up with this easy idea...



I bought some molding and some pretty outdoor canvas material.


I painted the molding white, then folded the material in half and stapled it to the back of the molding.




I nailed the molding to the over hang in sections and used jute to make gathers in the fabric.
Once all of the sides were hung I sewed the fabric together and added pretty corner  molding trim.
It looks much better doesn't it!!!


The garage was in desperate need of a fresh coat of paint.



And now it matches the house.


And yesterday..
I started on the front of the house.


I still have a long way to go before everything is done.

Blood, sweat and tears..
that is the key to my weight loss!!

I hope that you all have a great Thursday.
I think we are taking the boat and kayak out again.
I am looking forward to a day of relaxing.

xo



13 comments:

Diane said...

I'm worn out just reading about all the work you have done! You sure have been busy but all the hard work is really paying off in more ways than one! Very creative decorating on the overhang!

Gina said...

You have been one busy girl! Wow, you've gotten alot done! Good for you!

I'm laughing at Frodo & the dinosaur. Makes me feel better about the wrestlers that I find everywhere. lol

Your cone flowers are called echinacea. Mine are crazy tall this year!

Brandi said...

Leslie, gosh have you been busy. I'm tired for you! Your house looks great. Your hard work had paid off. I love all of your flowers. Your hydrangeas are gorgeous.

Barbara F. said...

Wow! I am very very impressed. Everything looks great. xo

It's me said...

Wowww....it all looking great like the colors you used ....lovely day darling enjoy.....love love Ria....xxx...

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

You've been busy! Love your awning fabric and everything looks great with the fresh coat of paint-enjoy:@)

Chris said...

Wow! It is looking amazing. I love your color and fabric choices.
Congratulations on the weight loss too :)
The garden is sweet.

Debbie said...

Girl, you have been busy! Everything looks fantastic and I love your awning trick. Congrats on the weight loss!

Lilly said...

Wow! How do you get the energy?! It looks great!

Country Dreaming said...

Looks great-when you get finished
can you come to my house? :)

Melinda

Katharine said...

And when you're done at Melinda's... wow it looks great. You've done a super job!

Mo 'Betta said...

Got an easier way for me to lose weight?! lol Your hard work looks awesome!

Melanie said...

What a phenomenal post!!! Love all the photos and getting to see your progress on the house and your weight loss. You are FANTASTIC, girlie!!! :)