Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Pretties ~ Sisters

~ Friday Pretties ~

There is nothing more beautiful in my world
then my daughters.


No matter how many years separate you
Or
How far apart you are.
May you always be much more than sisters
May you always be friends.


These girls love each other so much.
Even with the 7 year age difference they are still best friends.
Sally admires her  older sisters knowledge and experiences
and Michelle admires Sally's "coolness" ~  her ability to fit in to any situation.



My heart is heavy and warm at the sight of my daughters.
I love to hear them laughing, chatting and conspiring.

I pray every day that life will treat them kindly.



Life is not perfect,  and it's hard raising daughters in the city.

The girls depend on us to give them balance.



and I depend on them to give me smiles.



sometimes we don't always know what to do when they lose their balance.
but we do what we can.
We love them, guide them, support them and listen to them.



We hang in there when times are tough and we catch them if they fall.





Through all of  the giggles, tears, arguments and  moods..
They are sisters
and they are still my babies.



Linking up with Friday Pretties at A Ruffled Nest.

11 comments:

Gina said...

What a sweet post about your beautiful daughters! I think it's awesome that they are friends. Talking from experience, my 2 sisters are my best friends. We do so much together and there's a 12 year difference between my oldest sister & me! As they get older, the age difference will not matter one bit.

Katharine said...

What a beautiful post! Lovely girls, and blessed to have a Mom who loves them like you do!

A Ruffled Nest said...

I love your post! My sister and I are 6 years apart and she is my very best friend! Thanks so much for joining Friday Pretties!

Debbie said...

What a wonderful post Leslie. They will truly be friends forever.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Beautiful post....I have four sisters....with that said we get along for the most part...I have one sister that is difficult and causes a lot of problems..I wish it was like before but...that is part of life too. I sometimes feel bad I had an only child that Katelyn won't experience being a sister...

They are beautiful girls and you and your hubby have done an amazing job. Have a wonderful weekend!

Ana said...

Aww! What a sweet post Leslie. What a true blessing a daughter is....and you have two..double the blessing. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Hugs and Kisses,
Ana

Angela said...

Aw, this post made me smile :) I have two daughters too!

Madelief said...

Dear Leslie,

Such a pretty post! As a mother of three daughters I have similar feelings.

Your have two beautiful daughters. They look very happy!!!

Enjoy your weekend!

Madelief x

Vintage Home said...

I am blessed to have 3 sisters and I have two daughters....who are very good with each other...it is a delight to see the respect admiration & love!
Thanks for reminding us of our any blessings!

Melanie said...

Beautiful post!!! And beautiful girls. :)

allisamazing said...

What a beautiful post! Daughters are such a blessing :)