Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Trix Marshmallow treats and a great romance


Happy Tuesday!

I can't believe that it's been over a week since I have updated
~ I've sat down a million times to add a post and I've gotten side tracked every time.

That's ok,  I've basically caught up on all of my blog reading
and now.. on the bright side,  I have a few blog drafts to use later on this week.

Today started out chilly and overcast
which is why I thought that it would be a great day to make these pretty treats that I saw on Pinterest.



I think that this marshmallow goodness was so much fun..
that the sun wanted to come out and enjoy them too.



By the time they had finished cooling
The clouds had rolled away and the Sun was shining brightly.
I love pretty days like this!



Trix marshmallow treats

1 box of Trix cereal
1 bag of small marshmallows
1/4 cup of butter

Place butter and marshmallows in a bowl
microwave for about 2 or 3 mins
stir in cereal

Pour mixture over greased parchment paper on cookie sheet.
( with a little cooking oil on your hands) Press mixture together
Let set and cut into squares

Easy Peasy!



I am in the mood to visit the book store,  
 I think that Sally and I may venture out to Barnes and Noble to browse the shelves and drink lots of coffee.

Speaking of books
I read a great romance on my Kindle yesterday



It was by an author that I have never read and now I am super excited to check out more of her novels.
To see all of her titles, visit her blog , Karen Erickson Romance here 

I am such a sucker for a good romance!


Have a wonderful night everyone!!

12 comments:

Ana said...

Happy May Ms. Leslie! Your treats not only sound yummy they look yummy too...and pretty. It's been overcast here all day...Can you send some of Mr. Sun our way? Hope you are doing well and hope the new job is getting better. Wishing you a wonderful day.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Gina said...

Oh yum! I am in the delicate early stages of no sugar/no flour, I may need to lick the screen! LOL

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I love the colors and the fun of this treat! I also love Trix and now you have me wanting them! :-)

I hope you're having a good week!

Julie Harward said...

Can I lick the bowl? Oh wow, this looks so yummy to me, love it! ;)

Debbie said...

Ooooh, these look yummy and soooo festive! I hope the jobs are treating you well. Good to hear from you!

Katharine said...

These are so pretty! I still can't access your other blog, any ideas?
Hope your day is great!

Madelief said...

Your marshmallow treat looks delicious Leslie!

Thank you for the book tip too.

Happy day,

Madelief x

Nezzy said...

Now these are the prettiest darn marshmallow treats I've ever seen!!!

What a treat these will be!

Thanks for the tip sweetie.

God bless ya and have a fantastic day!!! :o)

Country Dreaming said...

Ooooooooooo, these looks like fun!
May have to try these.

Happy Thursday to you!

Melinda

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness, what a sunshiny, happy-go-lucky looking treat! NOM NOM NOM.

Nezzy said...

I was just droppin' by to see what you've been up to.

Have a beautifully blessed day sweetie!!! :o)

Mo 'Betta said...

Those treats look really good! (and happy!)