Monday, May 28, 2012

changes



Happy Memorial Day!!!






Oh my...

I sit here,  still hacking and coughing from this nasty chest cold.
My body and mind are simply worn out.

I have had this chest cold for almost a week and let me tell you
It knocked me right off of my feet.

I might be wrong but I think that all of the emotions of these past few weeks
 have weakened my body's defense mechanisms.
My mother in law would say that I am over-doing things..
and she's probably right.

There have been many milestones in our house this week
~ all good things..
but all a sign that life is moving by to quickly.

This past week we celebrated Paul's 50th birthday.



As he requested, It was a small celebration with all of his girls.
He received some awesome gifts, we went out to our favorite restaurant for a fantastic crab cake dinner, then came home and celebrated with a few friends.

Isn't this a great photo of Paul with his mom.




This week we say goodbye to school.


 Back in 1996,
We never dreamed that while we were searching for Christian schools for Michelle
that this quaint little catholic school would be such a gem.
I found it by accident and after touring and meeting some of the faculty we loved it.
...  and after 16 years straight ..  lots of packed lunches, homework and tuition payments,
it is hard to say goodbye to such a staple of our lives.

Michelle started there in Kindergarten.



 and graduated from 8th grade with honors.


Sally started Pre K there when Michelle was in 6th grade.

This is Sally and her best friend in Kindergarten


And here they are as 8th graders getting ready to embark on different journeys.

( this picture makes me tear up every time I see it)


My house is in desperate need of cleaning.
My family are in desperate need of a decent meal.

I have to get with the program!!!

I miss you all and will stop by and see you all soon.
xo

9 comments:

Katharine said...

So sorry you are sick! I agree with your MIL! Happy Birthday to Paul, looks like a wonderful celebration! And congrats to Sally, life sure is moving fast isn't it? Hope you have time for some rest and recouping!
Blessings!

Country Dreaming said...

Bummer--being sick! GET WELL soon!

Congrats to all those celebrating milestones!!!!

good to see you again at Dreaming--have missed YOU :)

Melinda

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sorry to hear you're sick, please take care of yourself! Believe me, things will plug along until you are well enough to take the reins again:@)

Debbie said...

Oh Leslie, I hope you feel better soon! That sounds nasty! Happy Birthday to the hubby and think of leaving the school as the next stepping stone.....more good things are to come.

Sarah B said...

Hi Leslie, I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope you perk up soon and you have to promise to take it a bit easy, ok?
x

Formerly known as Frau said...

Oh my you are still sick....hope you feel better soon! Congrats to your birthday boy! and graduate! Busy busy busy! Get better soon!

Melanie said...

I hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!! *hugs*

Alwayzbakin said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're sick. What a milestone to graduate from a school after going all of those years. I know the feeling with my three kids. ;) I opened up my old blog and came over to visit you. I was looking at the canisters you sent me yesterday and I knew I had to get back on the computer! Nice to be back. Love the new look of your blog.

Michele

Wendy said...

love those photos of the girls... I would get teary too.