Saturday, May 12, 2012

busy Life


Life has been full of:

working.
reading THOSE books ~ you know the ones,  that steam up my kindle screen.
shaving dogs.
making preparations for an 8th grade graduation.
baking wedding cakes ~  not very well.
watching Real Housewives .. I admit,  my name is Leslie and I am a housewife junky.
making summer plans.
Laughing.

Both Paul and I have been real busy with our jobs.
I recently cut my Michael's job down to one day
and the event planning job down to three.

It's been a little crazy!

Balloons, bouquets and boutonnieres..
these are the fun parts of the job.





Lemon and blueberry cake makes a busy life happy at the end of the day.


Watching Michelle working in her garden.
She planted lettuce, beans, corn, rhubarb, broccoli, peppers and lots of herbs.

At heart, she's an old fashioned country.

Painting.
Life has been full of painting!

This was an easy job since I only painted the green on the bottom half of the one wall.


It gives the kitchen just a little bit more color.


I also finally finished hanging the pressed tin above the counter tops.


Climbing around on the roof.
This is the view from where I stood yesterday.

We are making big changes to the yard, house and deck.


First on the agenda is to finally get the siding fully painted.
Call me crazy..  but I love these kinds of jobs.

I am going to paint the easy parts..
and pay someone else to climb up on the high sides.
Hopefully we can save some money that way.


I haven't bothered with the doors since they are being replaced.
The door on this side of the house will be Sharky proof steel.


The deck.
We decided to go green with the deck, shutters and front door.

I am only about a quarter finished this exterior job,
I will try to do a little bit each day and maybe I will be finished by Christmas.


These treats are for tonight's 8th grade dance at Sally's school.
Just a few more days of real school left.
 .


So you see,
Life has been a bit busy lately.  

The sun is shining,  we're busy,  we're able..
Life has been good!



Hope that you all are doing well and enjoying life to it's fullest.
Later.
xo

9 comments:

Katharine said...

Your post and pictures are so peaceful, even with the busy! I♥ Michelle's garden, I'll be planting mine in a week or so. We've got our dates fro coming down your way in August, let's make plans to meet up!

Debbie said...

Oh Leslie, you have been so busy!!! How do you do all of that?! You are my hero. Glad to know you are safe and sound....was beginning to wonder about you!

Brandi said...

Gosh, you have been busy! I wish I had just an ounce of your energy! Happy Mother's Day, Leslie!!

It's me said...

Wowwwww...you did a lot of work...painting al this......it looks great !!..love from me...happy weekend...xxx...

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Lovin' the great tin back splash and would love a slice of that cake! Happy Mother's Day-enjoy:@)

Country Dreaming said...

Wondered what you had been up to.
Busy, busy.

Melinda

Sarah B said...

Gosh you have been busy! I wonder if I am reading the same book at the moment. Shades of Grey? I just started.
So nice to see you daughter get into gardening!
xx

Melanie said...

Lovely post!!! Busy busy indeed!!
I'm holding off on reading 'those' books until I have a big chunk of time because it seems like once you start reading them you have to rip through all three at once, chores be damned. lolol

Libbie said...

Holy Moley! you ARE busy Leslie! Fun stuff though! I don't know if I like "those kinda jobs" :) Fixing up the house....but I sure like when "those jobs" are done!!!

All your even details look amazing! You are so inspiring!!!