Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pretty Colors, the Wicked, and the Wiz


Hi Friends!
Happy Saturday!

What a long random week this has been.

I finally found some colorful pillows for the sofa
and I am just loving the plaid.



Remember the bunting and the frames that I was working on..
Here they are pulled together with those new pillows.


This room is happy and ready for summer!


Our white lilac bush has finally bloomed and it smells wonderful.


See that handsome man back there in the photo..
That's Pop,  he has been gone from my world for almost 25 years
 but he is in my heart always. 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*NYC*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Michelle and I took our trip to NYC this week to see Wicked.


The show was amazing!!!!
You will definitely see Elphaba and Glinda in a whole new light.




There were many things that we wanted to do in NYC but didn't get a chance to..
I wanted to get downtown to see the Freedom tower close up
~  it is getting really tall!!
 I also wanted to go to Trump Towers to take some photos for Sally.
She and I love Donald Trump and the Apprentice.
Anyway.. I didn't get over to Trump towers
but what I got was something even better!

While walking down Times Square


Who did I see?


Donald Trump himself!!!!

How flippin cool was that!


Tonight is a concert with the girls and then things well settle down one again.

It is supposed to rain allll day tomorrow. 
Yuck.



Have a great Sunday.
See y'all soon.

20 comments:

Madelief said...

Hope your concert will be fun tonight Leslie! Enjoy.

Your pillows and bunting look perfect together.

Happy weekend,

Madelief x

Gina said...

I love that first photo so much, I had to Pin it! The plaid pillow is perfect and I love the coffee table vignette.

My daughter & I were just in NYC (we saw Phantom) and we're hoping our next show will be Wicked. I hear it's amazing!

Happy Weekend!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

How cool to run into The Donald! Sounds like your trip was fun! Lovin' the plaid pillows, they go great with the bunting-enjoy:@)

Blondie's Journal said...

How fun to visit NYC. I haven't been there in the longest time. Never saw Wicked either, even though it ran here in Chicago for a long while. Seeing Donald Trump must have been exciting! Glad you got some good pics!

Love your pillows...your living room is so pretty and cozy!

XO,
Jane

Debbie said...

Love, love, love that pillow! It certainly ties into the bunting. Cool about seeing Trump! Glad you had such a great time!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I am loving all your pictures, even the one of 'The Donald' reminds me of just how cool and unpredictable NYC can be!! Enjoy your Sunday!!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Awesome trip to NYC and the Trump bonus!!! Our Lilacs haven't bloomed yet I can't wait just love that smell! Have a wonderful week!

Melanie said...

Hahaha! That's too funny that you just randomly came across Trump like that. Who'thunk it??????
Sounds like a great trip!!!!!

Country Dreaming said...

Sounds like a great visit to NYC!
Wow, Donald Trump--you nver know who you might see while in NYC!!!

Hope your concert was fun.

Melinda

Karen said...

Pretty colors, indeed! I love your color scheme.

Your trip to the city sounds exciting! How fun to see The Donald. Such a lucky break for you!

BeautifulDees said...

Oh I love your decor and pillow's...very beautiful,you are truly talented in the decorating area.
Love,Debbie:)

Nezzy said...

Oh darlin' you have created a very happy colorful place to settle in with your family and friends.

It look magnificent. I adore that old truck on your table!

Don't ya just love the way lilacs fill the air with their sweet aroma??? Mine have come and gone.

Wicked looks amazin' and I hope the concert went just as well.

Have a blessed and beautiful day sweetie!!! :o)

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Love the pillows...your living room does look wonderful! New York?!! How lucky! Jealous! Lucky running into the Donald too! Angie xo

A Ruffled Nest said...

Hi Leslie, thanks for stopping by my blog. i hope you will join in on Friday pretties sometime soon. I love your bunting, i am a little obsessed with bunting myself. I also went to see Wicked while it was in Chicago. I loved it!

Sherrie

Libbie said...

I want to be sitting on your couch in that amazing room! THose pillows are calling my name! I am so ready for a new couch but maybe I should start with new pillows!

Your trip sounds AWESOME! I can't wait for Annie to be about 12 because I went there with my mom when I was 12 & I want to take Annie there for the weekend & see a show! Wicked would be wonderful!!!

Looks like you sure had fun!

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

The pillows and the colors in your living room are so cheerful! How exciting to be able to go to NYC and to see the play and Trump! Very cool. Have a great weekend!
Kathy

Catherine said...

I love the colours of your pillows and thesummer touch in your decoration! Hugs Catherine

Jo's This and That said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely home and stopping by Joann

Julie Harward said...

I love going to NYC and the plays etc. I love your red couch and the room looks awesome, love the old yellow truck there too! Have a great week! ;)

Brandi said...

I love the happy colors you have in your living room. Glad you enjoyed the show. I bet it was amazing. I love NYC! I hope to take my kids there soon. Thanks for sharing your day!