Tuesday, April 3, 2012

French Macaroons


Yesterday,  while on a sick day,
in between blowing my nose and constantly washing my hands
I made some use of the day off and made Mitch's favorite cookies.



Tomorrow is the big 21!
and I promised her some Macaroons.



The process was not easy. 
I made Vanilla, Lemon and Strawberry.
These cookies are delicate and very finicky.
For every batch that turned out, another was ruined.


The Lemon Macaroons are to die for.
She is going to love these!!!


The Strawberry cream was made with real strawberries.


And out of all of the batches that I made
this is how many turned out.



Here is a snippet of the Vanilla Macaroon recipe.
I am to lazy this morning to type it out.





The new job is going better.
I am starting to get the hang of things.

This is the balloon room and in there you can find any size, color and type of balloon that there is.
There are bins filled with so many supplies that it's almost overwhelming.


Look at all of this curling ribbon


This is a balloon arch that I made for a Smurf themed birthday party this weekend.


Here is one of the bouquets for a wedding that is coming up.


It gets turquoise ribbon.
Ewww.


and these are the boutonnieres,
  they also get burgundy and turquoise ribbon.


Yes,  I would say that I am beginning to enjoy this job.

Speaking of work,
it is about time for me to get ready.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

16 comments:

Brandi said...

So glad you are enjoying your new job. Happy early birthday to your daughter. The macaroons look delicious. I bet she will love them.

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm happy to hear that you like your job, Leslie! It looks like fun! You get to use your creative side!

The macarons look difficult to make. I think I'd get too frustrated. The ones that turned out are really pretty! :)

XO,
Jane

Debbie said...

I am glad to hear that you are starting to get the hang of your new job. A new position can definitely be overwhelming at first. It looks like it would be alot of fun!

Those macaroons look delicious! I am a sucker for anything lemon so that would be my first pick....at least the ones that were ruined are a tasty ruin. Ha, ha.

Tell your daughter, Happy Birthday!!!

Pumpkin said...

Ugh! I'm drooling all over my keyboard!!!! I could just scarf those cookies up :oP''''

Your new job looks like so much fun! I'm sure once you're settled, you'll really start to enjoy it.

Happy Birthday to your DD!

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Okay I will eat the ruined cookies they still look darn good. Enjoy you day at work. Funny the color combos people choose.

Heather said...

I've been wanting to make macaroons, but they do look a bit daunting. All the recipes I've seen have had rather complicated measurements. Happy birthday to your daughter and I hope she enjoyed her beautiful macaroons! I know that I would!

It's me said...

That macarones looks delicious !!!...congratulations with your daughter.....is that a not real flower bouqets ??...love form me...xxx..

Julie Harward said...

Your cookies look awesome..I want one! You are so sweet to make them for her. Your job looks like a fun one, creative..you seem like it would be a good fit for you! :)

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Congrats on the beautiful macaroons! Love the Balloon Room, looks like fun! Hope you're feeling better:@)

Shelly said...

That's a bummer about all the other batches that didn't turn out. But the ones that survived sure look good! Sounds like the Smurf-themed birthday is going to be a fun one!

Gina said...

Your macaroons look delish! Don't you hate it when things don't turn out right? I've always wanted to make them, but haven't yet.

It looks like your new job is alot of fun!

Martina said...

OK, now I have to have some macaroons. They look so yummy!

Madelief said...

Happy 21st birthday to your daughter Leslie. I hope she had a great day.

The macaroons look delicious!

Happy Easter to you and your family,

Madelief x

Jeannie Tay said...

Looks like you have a fun job! Lovely creations:)

Country Dreaming said...

Yummy and the flowers look great too. So does the arch. Glad it is going better.

Hope you are felling better too.

Melinda

Melanie said...

Kudos to you for even TACKLING macarons. They are super yummy and they scare the crap out of me i.e. making them yourself. Notoriously finicky. I think you did a great job considering how truly tricky they are to make. You'll be a pro in no time. :)