Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Weekend


Hi friends!
Happy Easter Weekend!

It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day.

Speaking of beautiful..
aren't these lilacs just gorgeous!

They are by far my favorite flower.
Not only are they pretty but they smell wonderful too.




The big girl turned 21!!
and had a real nice birthday.
Now we are counting down the days to NYC.



As of last night, 
all of the preparations have been made for Easter Sunday.
Now,  I just have to find time to clean and make Easter baskets.
I need to clone myself.


Last night the kids from Sally's 8th grade put on a wonderful mime performance of the Stations of the cross.
Sally was a weeping woman at station 8.

That little silent performance really touched my heart and reminded me of the true meaning of Easter
and how bless we all are to be here.





Tonight is the annual Egg dye and hopefully the 10 Commandments movie.
( I haven't checked the tv listings to see if it is on)
There is so much to do to get things ready.
First,  I must go to work and create some ugly centerpieces for that wedding that I am working on.

Have a wonderful day and I wish you all a very special Easter.
xo

12 comments:

Tami said...

Lovely photos. I love the smell of spring flowers. Have a Happy Easter Leslie.

Katharine said...

Beautiful flowers, I love Lilacs! Happy Easter to all of you!

Debbie said...

Lilacs are my all time favorite as well. Happy Birthday to the birthday girl!

May you and your have a Blessed Easter.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

My lilacs are just opening up too! Happy Easter Leslie-have fun with the girls:@)

Blondie's Journal said...

Lilacs are a favorite of mine, too. I love their scent!

My daughter turned 21 today! We had a big shopping trip yesterday and we are all going out tonight!

I hope you get everything done and that you have a wonderful Easter!

XO,
Jane

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I can almost smell your beautiful lilacs from here!

NYC will be a lot of fun, and I hope you have an enjoyable Easter too!

::: (\_(\
*: (=’ :’) :*Happy Easter!!
•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»

It's Just Dottie said...

Happy Holy Week, sweet friend.
Blessing, Dottie

Karen said...

The lilacs are blooming in our neighborhood, too. Have a happy Easter, Leslie!

It's me said...

Easter blessings from me darling ....love Ria....xxx...

Heather said...

Ooh, those lilacs are sooo pretty! I have to say, I am quite jealous that you are going to NYC. We went last summer, and I loved it! I hope to go again soon...there is so much to see and do!

Martina said...

I love the smell of lilacs, too. I need to plant a lilac bush in our yard.

Happy Easter!

Melanie said...

Happy Easter!! :)