Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Blog friends


I love this picture!!
The friendship between the leopard and the Golden reminded me of some of my blogger friendships.

Through this blog I have traveled along many roads, seen places that I never dreamed of and bonded with some of the most amazing women in the world.

Who would have thought that I would be chatting with a friend in Paris France
Or witnessing a family Easter egg hunt of a friend in Scotland.
I have coveted stunning Dutch gardens and gorgeous California weather.
I have celebrated a Canadian Thanksgiving,  mourned the loss of a husband,  and watched children grow up right before my eyes..
I've had amazing cooking lessons from a pig lover in Pennsylvania,
Thrifted with my Carolina pals and gone apple picking with a friend in Nova Scotia.
I have watched my Aussie friends enjoy the beach as I wore my winter coat,
journeyed along the beautiful red rocks of Utah with an amazing Mormon family,
I've been to the rodeo in Ohio,  seen breath taking sun sets in Texas,
and learned some pretty amazing stuff from my Missouri friends.

I am so thankful for you Bloggy friends!!


Last year one of my blog friends suddenly stopped posting.
She is one of those people who take pleasure in the simplest of things.
I knew something was wrong and  a few months ago,
after leaving her a few comments on her dormant blog she contacted me with the bad news that she had been diagnosed with cancer and in the fight of her life.
This sweet sweet women's life was turned upside down.

As of now I am very happy to say that she is cancer free
and this week she is having surgery to have her bladder removed.

Please keep this wonderful blogger in your prayers!



Have a wonderful Wednesday friends!
xo











13 comments:

Debbie said...

Prayers going up for your special friend.

It's me said...

What a beautiful post filled with love and friendship......i will pray for your friend ......of course i will.....love from me darling....you have a good heart and soul.......xxx...

Sarah B said...

What a lovely post! Who would have thought that you could feel such friendship for people you have never met in person? Oh, sending positive thought to your friend. It's funny but I have been a bit worried about a blog friend of mine too, she hadn't posted since Christmas and I'm unable to email her. It's so frustrating! I hope she's ok :)

The Working Home Keeper said...

What a sweet post Leslie! Sending prayers!

Mary Ellen
The Working Home Keeper

Katharine said...

Praying for your friend! What a beautiful, beautiful post!

Lee Ann said...

praying for your friend Leslie, and I am very thankful for your friendship too xxx

Ana said...

What a very sweet post Leslie...You made me tear up...I am happy your friend is cancer free now and I will be keeping her in my prayers. Thank you for your sweet friendship my friend. Sending you a great big hug.

Much love,
♥Ana

Country Dreaming said...

Blogging friends ARE great.

Blessings and prayers for your friends surgery!

Melinda

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Your post is also why I love blogging. I so enjoy being taken to places I'll never get to see and love the friendships of people I'll never meet. I also have blogging friends that have stopped, and I worry about them too--I am glad that your friend is doing well, and I hope that continues for her!!

Martina said...

This is a great post and one of the reasons I blog. I love getting a chance to look into the lives of others. You learn a lot.

Sending positive energy to your friend.

Tami said...

Prayers to your friend. You are a good person to reach out to her. I'm sure you made her feel loved.

Melanie said...

Good thoughts for your friend. *hug*

Zane Wooder said...

I love how the tiger and dog get along. Really cute.

zane