Tuesday, March 20, 2012

some Spring randomess




First thing first..

Thank you all for the good wishes on the job interview.
Seems as though things are about to get real busy around here
because I have myself a new job as an event planner.
woohooo. 
I am not sure what I will be doing at first.. 
but I am definitely looking forward to learning something new.

~~*~~*~~

From Baltimore to where ever you are,
Happy first day of Spring!


This is one of the main streets through our neighborhood
 and the gorgeous trees in the center median have been blooming for a week already.


It's a shame that there is so much crime and that taxes are so high..
It's really a pretty pocket of Baltimore.

If things were different
we would live in this little house forever.




But we could never retire in Maryland.

Someday we would like to move south to the Carolina's or Florida.

As lots of people have dreams of barns and country living,
We dream of sea ports and old fishing towns.

Someday,  This will be the view from our window..


I bought that painting a few weeks ago. 
 It was intended for the living room but was extremely to large for the space that I had.

I am in the process of making some changes to the bedroom.
Hence the putty and wall paper pieces on the walls.
I still haven't decided what color to paint it yet.

(Remember this was the old wallpaper.)



While searching for my Easter decorations that I still have not found,

What in the world did I do with them!!

I found this picture of the girls and I taken on the day that Sally was born.

I just love this picture. 

Sally says that she looks like a radish and Michelle told me that if I facebook tag her in the photo that she will unfriend me.

My kids are crazy.  I think this picture is sweet!


Look how dark and short my hair is. 
I literally had my head shaved when I was first pregnant with Sally.
True.
Before I knew that I was pregnant,
I got a bad perm and ended up with an awesome 70's Afro.
Not a good look on me at all!

I had to get my hair shaved down to about a half of an inch long and I had to start over.
Thankfully my hair grew fast!

My husband made fun of me and for the longest time referred to me as LIL from the Rugrats.
I guess that was payback for all of those years that I called him Shaggy.. from scooby doo. 
lol 



Just look at that smile on Michelle's face.


It is hard to believe that in just a few weeks this precious little girl is turning 21.

We are going to have a great birthday celebration and we're doing something that she's been looking forward to for years...

We are gonna put on our fancy dresses and high heeled shoes and
we are going to NYC to see Wicked.


And we are very excited!!


We love New York!


Boy.. I am feeling a little talkative.
I need to lay off of the coffee and the keyboard!! 

Have a great day everyone.

16 comments:

Deb said...

Congrats on the new job! My daughter and I went to NY two years ago and saw Wicked. It was wicked! Have fun, you will love it.

Country Dreaming said...

Yea for the new job!!!
Have fun in NY and seeing Wicked.

Melinda

Debbie said...

Woo hooo on landing the job! I am so happy for you. Enjoy the show and wicked!

ouroldhomestead.blogspot.com

It's me said...

What a lovely post !! your sweet kids...and owwwwww..i love that dog !!...enjoy this SPRING day darling...love Ria...xxx..

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Congrats on the new job, that's very exciting! Your trip to NYC sounds like lots of fun too-life is good:@)

Chris said...

Happy Spring Leslie!!

Mamaw Bee said...

Way to go on the new job. It sounds exciting. Love the pics. Hope we get to see pics of the bedroom when you get your changes made. Have a great time when you go to NY.

Jemm said...

Congratulations on your new job Leslie! How exciting. My youngest is turning 11 on Easter Sunday...wow, a 21 year old. I know I'll be there before I know it. Yikes!

Gina said...

Congratulations on the new job!

I love NYC too! We're going in April to see Phantom for my daughter's birthday. She was torn between Phantom & Wicked, but decided on Phantom. Hopefully, we'll see Wicked soon too. I hear it's fabulous!!

Pumpkin said...

That is SO awesome Leslie!!!! I knew that job had your name written all over it :o)

Have fun celebrating your DD birthday. Sounds like it's going to be a fabulous time!

Katharine said...

Oh my word...so much to comment on! Yay, Yay, Yay, I knew you could and can do it! Congrats on the job. If you find a perfect sea port cottage... can we retire in the one next door? That is my dream of a perfect retirement as well. I love the picture, and I might have to borrow that idea...beautiful!
21! We saw that number last year...beautiful and bittersweet! I won't tell my girls about the wicked trip...they have been wanting to go forever, have a fabulous time!!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Congrats! Sorry I've been off line for a while and I didn't know you were looking for a new job! So happy for you! I can't believe how much farther along spring is by you ....no blooming trees here yet! Have a wonderful day!

Melanie said...

Congrats on the new job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karen said...

Congratulations on your new job, Leslie. I love the picture over your bed. And how nice that you live close enough to the city to go in for a show!

Nezzy said...

Woohoo, I'm doin' my happy dance here for ya!!! I knew you'd get the job! Congratulations.

Well, it's just Wicked that ya'll are goin' out in the big city to see Wicked. Ya'll have a blast and a half!!!

God bless and have yourself an excellent week! :o)

Happy belated to your gal!

Catherine said...

I love the picture of you and your daughters ( my babies this month are 24 and...27!!! and the worse is that i am going to be 56 in 16 days!