Saturday, March 3, 2012

Road trip



  March started out with a little road trip.

Michelle and I left sunny Baltimore and took a trip through Philadelphia to the quaint little historic town , Haddonfield,  in New Jersey.


We were wondering, because it was so dreary..  Does the sun ever shine in Philly?


We did not visit Haddonfield to pose with this cute dinosaur statue.


Nor did we go to see all of these adorable chicks enticing us into a jewelry store.


And although the coffee was good and the pastries delicious,
we did not go to visit this adorable little bakery.


Even though we found some great treasures,
We did not go to stroll across the historic brick and cobble stone streets to visit the countless antique shops.


Nope, We went to the gorgeous Haddonfield to visit this place,
The Virginia Harp Center.


The sound and beauty of each harp was extraordinary.

Michelle,  the Harp student,  had a great time browsing through the Lever Harps.
The sales people and harpists were very educating and it wasn't long before she found the perfect harp.


Look at the price tag on this one..  More then my Jeep!


She choose this beautiful piece!  
It's a little more modern then the traditional harp ,  it is light weight and it will fit into her car.



It was a great trip.

We are very excited for Michelle and this new journey.
I can't wait to hear her start playing.


I am off of work for the next few days and have lots of catching up to do.
Lots of projects, changes and fun stuff going on around here to fill y'all in on.

I hope everyone is fantastic.
Have a wonderful weekend.

11 comments:

Deb said...

Your daughter is a Harpist? how wonderful!

Formerly known as Frau said...

What a fun road trip....how exciting that you have a harpist in the family! Good Luck Michelle! Have a wonderful weekend!

Gina said...

Wow! Your daughter plays the harp. That's awesome!

Julie Harward said...

What a fun trip, loved all the things you didn't go there for and the Harp and your daughter that you did go there for...wonderful! :)

Tami said...

I don't think I have ever known anyone who has played a harp. It is a beautiful instrument. I am sure you are proud of your daughter.

You were in my neck of the woods! I don't live far from Philadelphia. Did you know there is a sitcom called "Sunny in Philadelphia"? haha!

Heather said...

Looks like a fun trip. I bet that harp is going to sound so lovely...much better than a set of drums!!

Jane Houin said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! Looks like a fun trip. And the beautiful sounds you will be hearing - I'm jealous!

Pamela said...

How fun is that!! I bet she will sound beautiful!

Pumpkin said...

Looks like a lovely place to visit.

A harpists! Wow! I wish her all the best :o)

Madelief said...

Dear Leslie,

Such a good choice of your daughter to play the harp. It's such a beautiful instrument!

Good luck to Michelle!

Lieve groet,

Madelief x

Melanie said...

Wow! What a great trip!