Saturday, March 31, 2012

Paper bunting and Claudette

Oh my goodness,
How cute is this new blog layout?
I love it!

It's actually kind of fitting that there is bunting on it
since I spent yesterday morning creating paper bunting for the living room.

After searching etsy for some pretty summer colored fabric bunting
I decided to just make my own..
the easy way.

I bought these pretty 12 x 12 sheets of scrap booking paper at Hobby Lobby.
( I looooove that place!)


I folded each paper in half and cut about 3 inches off of the top of each piece.





Then gently folded the bottom ends together 
and pinched the bottom in the center.



Since one of my children has stolen my paper trimmer
I used a piece of mail as my ruler and lined the envelope up with the top corner and the bottom center crease.





 I traced out my design and cut





did some hole punching



and I strung it together with some blue ribbon



You wanna see how cute it looks hanging over the mirror?

So do I..   but unfortunately I haven't hung it up yet.
I will show you as soon as I do.

*

Everyone else is doing it...
and now I want a chicken!

Meet Claudette!




Ok ok
so she is not productive
but she sure is cute hanging out in my kitchen.





It's a chilly grey Saturday in Baltimore.
Not that I mind it to much.. 
I have a head cold and I have to work this morning.
Yep,  It's a good day for that!

Yesterday I made my first wedding bouquet and boutonnieres
The colors are burgundy, white and turquoise..
Not my favorite color combination but they turned out pretty.

I have to add ribbon and bows to them today..
I will take some pictures.

Have a fantastic weekend friends.
xo

17 comments:

Katharine said...

Love the layout! Bunting is so cute, and you make it look easy! I tried the link for your private blog, but it wouldn't let me in, is there something I need to do?

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

The bunting looks nice and colorful! Lovin' your new chicken too... a lot less work than the productive ones:@)

Debbie said...

Love it all Leslie! The layout is adorable and the bunting colors so cute.

Now as far as Claudette goes, send her here to Minnesota where she can hang out in my kitchen for a while! I LOVE her!

Hope your head cold clears up and you have a great day at work!

Debbie@ouroldhomestead.blogspot.com

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh I adore your chicky!! I have lots around the house too as I have had an obsession forever. Okay love the bunting. Great colors. You are very good at that. I fear my problems with spacial reasoning would result in a very awkward bunting. I love them. Oh and this is the cutest little blog layout and colors.

Country Dreaming said...

Looking really cute around here!
The bunting is adorable and can't wait to see it hanging up.
Hope you feel better soon.

Melinda

Gina said...

I love your new blog design! Looks great!

I can't wait to see the completed bunting....you tease! LOL

Stop by & enter my Spring giveaway when you get a chance.

Pumpkin said...

Nice update on your Blog! Good to see you're keeping yourself busy ;o) That's one cute chicken. LOL!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Looking good here and what a cute chicken!! Don’t forget to enter my current “coastal” giveaway…it’s a beauty!!

Blessings,
Linda

Heather said...

I love bunting! Your paper choices look very cute. Love the new blog layout too!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Happy weekend to you too...I love Claudette!

Mamaw Bee said...

Love the new blog look. I have been wanting to make some bunting. Thanks for the tutorial.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Wow you are so creative...love it! And your new chicken....real one would be nice eggs are pricey! Hope you are feeling better!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Leslie!! I love the bunting and the great colors, but my favorite is the chicken who would have had to come home with me if I'd seen it in the store too!

Nezzy said...

Love the new look at your blog sweetie. I can't wait to see your newest creation hung over your mirror.

Now lets talk chicken...I'm smitten, it's simply adorable.

God bless ya sweetie and have yourself an excellent day!!! :o)

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Sweet bunting! I ended up making various sized triangles on the computer so I can make different sized buntings all the time. I haven't been able to buzz by much lately so I'm so glad to know you are keeping this blog public.

Love your new blog design too!

Melanie said...

Ooooo, it is perfect!!! It's almost like the layout was custom made for you. Good job on finding it!!!

Pam said...

Leslie, WOW! I love your new blog look! You are very creative and I wish I had just half of what you have. Claudette's pretty sassy looking and I can tell she rules the kitchen! She reminds me of my great neighbor of many years, Claudette, who just moved.