Monday, March 5, 2012

colorful lanterns




I had this colorful idea in my head and bought these cheap lanterns at Ikea for the "porch" project.

You see,  I need some color.
I am guessing that it's the drabby grey winter that has me longing for bright and funky colors.

Anyway,  you know how I love to hang things from the porch ceiling..
well..  one morning I was out there cleaning and had this vision of colorful lanterns hanging above the table.




I covered each glass window with news paper,
  it was much easier then removing and replacing the glass.



Then I sprayed each one a different color.


Once dry,  I removed the paper and
used matching ribbon to hang each one at different heights from the ceiling.



I am half tempted to make a bunch more and hang them all over the porch.
If I can find some solar tea light candles...
I might do it!

I can't decide on the table cloth,
so for now, its the crazy red polka dots!


Have a colorful Tuesday friends!

17 comments:

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

That whole room makes me smile but those lanterns are adorable.You did a great job. Oh how I wish I was more patient for projects. I am so not crafty.

It's me said...

What a great and colorful room darling !!...nice idea from the laterns !!.....happy colorful day today !!...xxx...

Lee Ann said...

Oh Leslie I adore your Porch! And I think the polka dot tablecloth is perfect :-). I have been out of blogging action for a couple of weeks and I've missed popping by for chat! I hope march is treating you well so far xxx

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Crazy red polka dots go with everything! The lanterns look fun-enjoy:@)

Blondie's Journal said...

What a super cute idea, Leslie! Your porch is so colorful! I bet it looks fantastic in the evening!

Stop by, I am having a giveaway!

XO,
Jane

Gina said...

This looks great! I love your colorful lanterns! Your porch is inviting & fun.

Pumpkin said...

Awesome idea! Looks great Leslie :o)

The Working Home Keeper said...

Beautiful! I love the colors!

Mary Ellen
The Working Home Keeper

Jemm said...

Leslie, those are so cool! What patience you have to cover each little window. I MAYBE could have done one. I hope you are doing well. I've been having internet issues lately, so I thought I'd say a quick hello while I can :)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Wow I love them....such a fun porch and splashes of color! I love the red polka dots! Great job!

Tami said...

The colors just POP out at you! I like the red polka dot. It's a keeper. Want to come give my house some color?

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, Leslie, I just love all the color! I've seen those lanterns at IKEA but never thought to paint them. They look so very cute hanging in your porch...and I love the polka dot tablecloth too!

Lilly said...

What a great idea, it looks great! And I love the polkadot tablecloth :)

Country Dreaming said...

What a fun project! Looking good.

Melinda

Sarah B said...

It all looks so adorable! I'm hoping I can get to Ikea next month when I travel interstate. Exciting. I like your idea of solar lights for outside :)

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Wow! I *adore* this room Leslie! It looks so cheerful and cozy! The lantens are perfect...you did an amazing job of taking a vision and turning into a lovely reality! Angie xo

Melanie said...

That's a great way to flash some color! Very cheery. The lime one is my favorite, of course. :)